iPhone 4 grey market.

pa1pa1

Disciple
Hi, I came across a shop selling the iphone 4 16GB for just 32k (after bargaining) and i wanted to know if it was safe to buy it.

The serial number starts with 7N114**** which makes it a new (not refurbished) piece, that has been manufactured very recently.

Also, my friend's i4 bought from the grey market checks out all clean when i checked for the validity of its warranty over here : https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Q.1) So is it safe to buy?

Q.2) Will the warranty of a grey market piece be valid in India. (accounting the fact that i4 is soon officially gonna be launched here)

Also the phone's box was not sealed. They say, they have to open it to check what they have is genuine and working. help :)

Q.2) Will the warranty of a grey market piece be valid in India. (accounting the fact that i4 is soon officially gonna be launched here)

no

it's gonna be launched here, but all genuine india iPhone 4's will be under contract from AIRCEL or AIRTEL.

buddingwhizkid said:
why not buy from TE . its available for 27k i think .
That cheap? Could you please share the link? I couldn't find it myself. Thanks.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
no

it's gonna be launched here, but all genuine india iPhone 4's will be under contract from AIRCEL or AIRTEL.
Yea, but don't factory unlocked pieces have international warranty?

If the box is not sealed, I personally would stay away from it. Search and see if you can get a sealed pack one for the same price. The above deal posted by "avi" seems to be good too.

Back