IPHONE 5 Alernative :-)

I wanted to buy Iphone 5 as a gift to my brother but was always not inclined towards it because of the flexibilities Android has over iOS. (Just a personal feeling )
But now these problems related to camera and scratches, I am looking for some alternative to Iphone 5.
Like this I can buy it easily in India and it will definitely be cheaper than Iphone 5.

The Alternatives noted till now are :

1) Samsung Galaxy S3 = Large screen, wanted some phone with max. 4.3" screen, but it has the best hardware around.
2) -------------no-------------------
3) Any Upcoming Nexus Series phone ???
4) Please also suggest if Iphone 5 is still the best mobile to buy.

Major requirements are :
1) Atleast 1GB RAM,
2) Good Harware,
3) Best Screen quality,
4) Robust to use,
5) 4.3" screen ideally (can go for bigger screen if absolutely no choice)
6) Good Camera (that can take pics comparable to P&S cameras )

Please suggest, I have to buy within a week.
Budget = No issues as I already was going to buy a 32GB Iphone5. ( nearly 50K )

So by 1GB ram & Good hardware, I'm assuming you are talking about the speed & performance.

I would recommend even a Galaxy SII with a AOSP rom. I am still using the original Galaxy S with a Jelly Bean (4.1.2) custom rom & it is awesome. It's smoother than what it was with Samsung's gingerbread (2.3) roms and has better battery life too. :yes:

Anyways, considering you are buying it for your brother (younger?), chances are that he would want something new & shiny. I would suggest you wait for the new Nexus. It'll always have the latest Android & probably the biggest community support. Only problem is that they haven't been releasing Nexus phones in India.. so warranty & repair could be an issue.

Just Buy an i9250 & you are sorted for another 2 years of stock Android Experience. Or you can wait for Nexus 4, which will be out on the 29th, priced at $399, the landing price in India sold be around 27-30K and you are good for another 3 Years of Android Experience.

LG Nexus 4 gets a full blown review - GSMArena.com news

If you are running short of time then I will suggest you either an i9250 (Available on ebay.in with about an year of dealers warranty), or an iPhone 4s.

@raksrules Iphone 4S is 3.5"... as I mentioned, preferable screen size 4.3" ( if not iphone5 4-inch screen )

For Galaxy Nexus, I am a bit reluctant to buy costly devices without manufacturer warranty.

What about Sony Xperia S ?? Is it a good mobile ?

Which one B/w Galaxy S3 and HTC One X ? or shud I wait for HTC One X+ ?

Which one B/w Galaxy S3 and HTC One X ? or shud I wait for HTC One X+ ?

If the choice is limited to the S3 & One X, I'd say the S3. The xynos on the S3 runs faster than the tegra 3 on One X, S3 has a microSD slot and user-replaceable battery. <Trust me having an extra battery when travelling never hurt anyone ;) >

Back