iphone app development

frosty

Disciple
just searched the forum for iphone app development. surprised to get 0 results. anybody else doing it here?

i know little bit and will be more than happy to help others started.

share any applications you might have made

I do..I am still a noob in this field..Have started learning it though..Almost 25% through :) How good are you at it ?

Please share any apps you have made or links to resources you found very helpful during your learning phase!

i am no fan of books. they have too much text for my taste.

for learning objective C which was the first hurdle:

iPhone Dev Center

read the first 4 blog posts from this blog. (first 4-5 only). after that he just becomes too monotonous.

iPhone Programming Tutorial

i have not submitted anything to app store as of now. will share here once i am near completion. got a lot delayed by having no mac. borrowed one from a friend a week back.

current level: can build a simple text/image based

frosty said:
i am no fan of books. they have too much text for my taste.

for learning objective C which was the first hurdle:

iPhone Dev Center

read the first 4 blog posts from this blog. (first 4-5 only). after that he just becomes too monotonous.

iPhone Programming Tutorial

i have not submitted anything to app store as of now. will share here once i am near completion. got a lot delayed by having no mac. borrowed one from a friend a week back.

current level: can build a simple text/image based

I guess we are at the same level then. I have completed learning the basics of iPhone Dev, MVCs, Pickers, Tab-bar Controllers, Navigation Controllers and can build simple apps using simple components (buttons,UIAlertView etc..)

Currently I am half-way into TreeViews!

Oh and yes, I have a Mac, so that helps :)

Some other good resources:

Stanford iPhone University Lectures in pdf format: CS193P - Cocoa Programming | Announcements

AppsAmuck - Code Samples: AppsAmuck iPhone Development Tutorials and Examples

Smith said:
Erica Sadun's cook book is a handy read.

I am of the opinion that "Beginning iPhone Development" is miles ahead of Erica Sadun's book in terms of getting noobs started :)

Sorry to revive the 6 months old thread. I have an iPhone 3G and I always wanted to develop for a mobile platform. I know Objective C a bit. I don't have mac at home but, I have it at my workplace. Does any of you guys have experience with iPhone development on VMWare? Thinking of getting OS X Snow Leapord Retail once it's out. Heard that leoperd works on VMWare flawlessly.

Back