iOS iPhone blacklisted by VirginPlus for not honoring the contract

frozty97

Disciple
Hi all,

So the story goes this way: My screen has some black semi-circle on the edge of the screen, so I went to the Apple store. They said this phone is reported as stolen and the warranty claim won't be possible till this is resolved.

Now the thing is my friend gifted me this iPhone, he bought 2 from Canada, one for his sister and one for me. He and his sister stay in Canada and they use Virgin Plus so his sister's phone sim was continued and hence, not reported as stolen.

But I stay in India, and when he came to visit India he gifted me the phone, in a month they reported it as stolen due to non-commitment to a 1-month plan. Now my friend called VirginPlus customer care they said they are happy to remove the stolen status provided they see this iPhone physically. Now that is not possible cause I am in India and traveling is super costly (DUH!). Also shipping the phone not possible cause of import duties etc.

We have tried to offer them multiple alternatives:

1. Video call them showing the phone, IMEI number, and SN number matching the bill
  2. Sending a photo of the IMEI number, and SN number with my friend's Email and today's date written on a piece of paper.
  3. Offered them to pay up the penalty for noncommitment of one month plan (we have paid the iPhone price in full).
But they don't seem to budge, saying this is our policy to see the phone physically.

We bought the phone online and we should be able to resolve this online itself. But no they want everything to be physical.

What are the alternatives I have? I need to unblacklist the phone to claim the warranty and the warranty expires in mid-November.

We have the all proofs that we have purchased the phone, payment, box, IMEI etc.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Apple will never go over the carrier. Ideally, if it was purchased from the carrier, then proper process should have been followed to exit the plan ahead of the commitment by paying the early termination fees.

Since it was purchased under VirginPlus' terms of service, there is no option beyond what they are insisting on.

There are blacklist removal services available online, but I am not sure how well they work and how reputable they are.

Okay understood.
But they are being rigid in wanting to see the phone physically and not listening to reason that is not possible, but we have bill box + photos with date etc and offered to pay up the cancellation charges and penalty.
Any idea how can I escalate this?
Not sure how useful blacklist removal services are: Cause what apple did was just took my S/N from that they got IMEI (I didn't provide them with IMEI). So even my phone IMEI is changed but in the apple record they match with SN, I would need to change the SN of phone that will then not match with warranty period?

Back