Budget Above 40k iPhone Upgrade Advice Needed

hitesh803

Recruit
Finally convinced my dad to let me upgrade my iPhone 10, but should I go with 13 or 14? Also heard about this Protect+ plan that saves from cracked screens, is it any good? Would really appreciate your suggestions

Finally convinced my dad to let me upgrade my iPhone 10, but should I go with 13 or 14? Also heard about this Protect+ plan that saves from cracked screens, is it any good? Would really appreciate your suggestions
If you were happy with iOS, I do not see any reason to jump ship. Why not go with 15, if budget allows? You end up with getting rid of notch and the lightning port, you also get better battery life, chipset and reverse wired charging. Given that 13 and 14 are identical, get one that is cheaper but if you are getting 13, make sure that manufacturing date is not too old (battery sake).

The only plan that you think of is Apple Care+. Do not fall for 3rd party insurance plans. Price is higher but support is straightforward. See Apple Care+ page to see the cost for each phone and how much you will end up paying in case of accident damage. There is no theft protection.

If you were happy with iOS, I do not see any reason to jump ship. Why not go with 15, if budget allows? You end up with getting rid of notch and the lightning port, you also get better battery life, chipset and reverse wired charging. Given that 13 and 14 are identical, get one that is cheaper but if you are getting 13, make sure that manufacturing date is not too old (battery sake).

The only plan that you think of is Apple Care+. Do not fall for 3rd party insurance plans. Price is higher but support is straightforward. See Apple Care+ page to see the cost for each phone and how much you will end up paying in case of accident damage. There is no theft protection.
I just looked up the cost of Apple Care+ out of curiosity. It's pricey for sure! You also have to pay a service fee of up to INR 8900 per incident, so that's also an added cost :eek:

Img.png

I just looked up the cost of Apple Care+ out of curiosity. It's pricey for sure! You also have to pay a service fee of up to INR 8900 per incident, so that's also an added cost :eek:

View attachment 191606
No, not for every incident. You need not pay anything if device failure was not due to accident.Unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection,2 each subject to a service fee of ₹2500 for screen or back glass damage, or ₹8900 for other accidental damage. As screen damage is most prominent one, paying 2.5k to replace screen is much better than paying 40k-50k each time there is screen damage. Worst is mobo damage where they charge as much a new phone price. 8.9k for that is okay for that. Not to forget that this is unlimited (accidental damage). We are very clever individuals. If everything is unlimited and without extra cost, the moment there are few scratches, I would bang the phone to the desk and avail display change. :D

Next to what they charge for actual repair, this is better. From using various devices, one thing I can say is that Apple devices failure rate is very low. Last year, kid broke Apple Pencil tip. As iPad was under apple care, they replaced with new pencil (paid some 2.5k I think).

you can go with 13 if price difference between 14 is more than 5 thousand.
if difference is less than 5 thousand you should get 14 for its 6 gb ram and other things which are improved in 14
also keep eye on 15 pricing it comes around 62-63 on flipkart. also can get gst adjusted if have a business with gst number

Back