Iphone4 Or Galaxy Note

teche

Adept
Friends help me decide between an iPhone4 or a Galaxy Note...

Both cost almost the same, iPhone4 gevy unlocked costs ~ 26k, factory unlocked ~30k. Note also comes 29k.

I already have iPhone 3gs, will retain it but this should not be a hinderance in the way of acquiring iphone4.

How's Note's user interface compared to iphone, does it function with the same ease, is it similarly refereshing, etc..?

iphones resale is great, how would Note's be?

Finally iphone is an iconic device, one really feels good owning the device, is it the same with Note?

P.S: 4S costs considerably more ~ 39k for a factory unlocked piece. Would have bought this one but for the price, don't wanna spend more than 30k on a phone. Though 30k I believe is pretty high in itself!

keep the 3gs and get the note to compliment it.

its very good and the screen is absolutely fantastic.note will have a good resale value as well.

but check whether you are comfortable with it or not.one of my friend got it recently and he had to sell it since he wasn't comfortable with the big screen.

its a bit laggy in comparion to ios on iphone 4 ,but not much to provide a hindrance.my dad got one recently and i am in love with the screen.

Actually 3gs has gotten pretty old now, its battery life has deteriorated tremendously. Don't know how long can this be my primary phone!

What makes a case for the Note is its screen real estate. I browse quite a bit on the phone, Note should be good for gaming/movies too.

Guess I should be comfy with Note's size, don't mind carrying out a big device.

Please tell me more about Note's performance & interface compared to iphone's.

Some of Samy's devices go for a big toss in the resale arena, could Note be an exception!

not is an exception but it also depends when you sell it.since it is available in india,the problem is that you have tons of sites selling it on a discount with a few good coupons as well which takes the price well below the mrp but this mostly happens later in the product cycle.[eg s2]

if you are looking for browsing performance i find it equal,but it lags a tad bit on the interface compared to the iPhone's or even the lumia.

games look good but where it scores the most points is a media consuming device.it is fabulous and the screen is imo the best in the industry at this moment.

i would at least recommend you to try it,and if you miss the iPhone than sell it, like one of my friends did recently.its defo a device worth trying.

Discounts on iphones are hard to come by.

How's the battery life of Note considering the large screen & media usage? iPhone4 battery life life is heard ot be good.

If I buy the Note now, will atleast retain for 2 yrs. Duno what will be the residual price then! iPhone's prices comparitively remain stable for a long-long time.

@reddead, Ok I can include GS2 in the list. How do 3 of these compare now?

How's GS2's battery life?

na don't go for the s2,i had it for 2 months and it was great but note is something different.its a bit different and refreshing in the smartphone world if u may.

battery life is good,not as good as the iPhone 4 but the early signs look good,better than the s2 for sure.

if you are thinking of using this for 2 years than its a bit of a conundrum given that android has awful software upgradation support and especially since you are coming from ios.i would say if you are gonna use it for 2 years then take a call between the 4s and the note.4s would give you a longer life given that apple supports it for 3 years at least, but note suits your needs better.

Yes if its gonna be GS2, I better go for iphone 4.

2 yrs is what I would ideally want it to last but you know how its with gadgets, upgrade fever catches up pretty early/fast!

Actually I had asked a friend who was to come from US to bring along a 4S but sadly his visit got cancelled. Would have costed me ~ 33k(factory-unlocked). Prices here are a bit of turn off!

Also as you mentioned, long term support has to be kept in mind.

Checked Galaxy Note in flesh today. Device can be EDC'ed but you need slightly bigger pockets!

Found the interface OK but a little buggy/sluggish compared to iPhones.

Overall it looks VFM in front of iPhone but latters appeal is hard to ignore!

Im still split between the two...

Both have exactly opp screen size.. 3.5 and 5.3.. Just check if you need a Phone or a Hybrid??

Note is an awesome experience, But walking and sitting properly with Note in your pocket, can be difficult at times..

I think iphone 4 has weak hardware for it's price . Don't get me wrong It's still one of the best around but not neccessarily bang for buck .

Don't you think galaxy note is just too big for a phone ? Price is good though .

So best bet is to get galaxy s ii(because it sports one of fastest gpu around) or lg optimus 2x (because it has nvidia tegra chipset) .

But if you want out of the options mentioned by you , I would go with note because -

1) Android is more customisable.

2) Note has dual core processor which ensures a lag free multitasking .

I would get iphone 4 because

1) More apps.

2) You have an apple product .

Im not too keen on S2, its either Note or 4/4s.

Find 4s OTT with pricing.

Those who are using Note, would be great if they could shed light on its performance, interface & a comparo with iphone4/4s?

Im not too keen on S2, its either Note or 4/4s.

Find 4s OTT with pricing.

Those who are using Note, would be great if they could shed light on its performance, interface & a comparo with iphone4/4s?

been using it for the past few weeks.

positives - big screen ofcourse.great browsing experience,best mobile multimedia experience,you kinda get used to the screen size after a few days,games are good and its a real pleasure to keep on playing with the device.

negatives - its a bit laggy [ i use the ip4 as well and there is a bit of a difference in interface],battery life is a bit inferior but still ok to not give any problems,big screen size can be a negative if you travel on a bike and finally i feel that the ios experience is a bit more pleasant mainly because of its fluid nature and fantastic applications which i tend to miss.

overall i feel you should not go for the ip4 as of now,but judging by your posts you are more keen on the iphone than the note.i feel that you should go to the hot deals section and there is a guy selling ip4s for 35k.thats a solid deal imo and would be the perfect fit for you.

I don't want to discourage but with iPhone 4 @ 26K , the hardware is 1 Ghz single core A4 (Cortex A8), 5 MP/720p ,VGA Front Camera. There is a premium of 5 to 6K we are paying for "apple experience" as compared android or windows etc The big problem with Note is how it would look if you hold it against your ear while speaking.
Last years best android is Galaxy S2. you can watch youtube videos of iPhone 4S compared with Sensation, Moto Razr, S2. You can see how is android compared iOS. If you are keen on iPhone, then may be try for 4S. iPhone 4S excellent camera and best GPU of all smartphones.

The only thing which makes me think, "Don't buy Note" is the size factor. I can't really carry it in my pocket and use it as a phone. I would definitely get a tablet rather than a phone. No doubt Note is superb but it is hybrid and I am not comfortable with bigger phones. I would say go for alternatives in same price
<
iPhone 4 isn't the great device out there at that price range (you will get beautiful iOS though).

Are you happy with your 3GS? You feel comfortable with the display size and UI and customization and apps and what not? If yes, go for iPhone 4S. iPhone 4 is outdated for the price, really. Might as well spend a bit extra. Or wait.

If you think you need the bigger screen, stylus and the openness of Android (alongwith it's disadvantages of course), definitely go with Note.

Another factor to consider is how you plan to use the device. Is it going to be mainly as a phone and occasional video viewing and gaming etc? Stick with iPhone. Are you going to use it to primarily surf the web, watch videos and gaming with occasional phone calls? Go with the Note.

As for being iconic, Note is definitely far more unique and instantly recognizable than the iPhone. I've always got comments on my Note whereas my iPhone using friends are just "oh yet another person using iPhone"

Very insightful posts friends, now things are becoming clearer after reading the above posts.

See I use my iPhone 3gs as a primary phone these days & 2nd sim goes into an old N82 I have. Was thinkiking of retiring N82, its battery is almost bust. Now the scenario can be:

1) If I buy NOTE, 3GS will continue to be my primary device & Note will complement it. On 2nd thoughts, 3gs itself is getting old enough, don't know how long will its battery last.

2) If I buy 4/4s, they would be the primary cell phone while 3gs will take a back seat.

3) Worst scenario(because of budget), dump 3gs in favour of 4/4s & also get a Note!

Thing about Note that amuses me is its great screen size & the portability it offers. Im fond of browsing web & also Moderate a forum, sometimes while not at home, Note can come in handy. Then I think, 4/4s can also do that job!

I tried the Note at Croma, yes people here are right when they say that it would look/feel odd while clinging to the ear or in the pocket but if you think out of the box for a while, its portability could have its own benifits. Another thing I noticed while scribbling with it was that it wasn't as smooth as the iphone, it was a little buggy, slow, had small hang ups, etc.

I think the most important point that has come up in the discussion is that there's not much fun going for iphone 4. So should we take that out of the equation & let it be NOTE vs 4S ?

What is the best price for iPhone 4 these days? Or is it fine to opt for a slightly used device?

Back