Iphone4

Hey guys m plannin 2 buy a iphone 4 from the us , my frens coming down had a few queries would be great if u could help me out
1-Is it factory Unlocked
2-Is it possible 2 jailbreak it
3-Will it work properly here in India
4-Will she have any customs issue(ie pay extra 2 get the phone here)

pls help me out asap:)

If you are planning to get it from US then i would advise against it as chances are she would be buying a new piece which would be with 4.2.1 firmware and 3.10.x baseband which is not unlockable till date. I had got a new iPhone 4 from US 3 months back which came with a 4.1 firmware and till date there is no unlock available for the same and it has been lying in my wardrobe since last 3 months.

hey guys i asked around a bit and im getting a unlocked iphone its not carrierbound, and apparently the baseband issue is oly wit 4g network which is used in US. and 2g and 3g work fine without any problem, and the phone is unlocked so i don have 2 worry about unlocking it:)
now do u think i should go 4 it:_)))

rahul.p.kamath said:
hey guys i asked around a bit and im getting a unlocked iphone its not carrierbound, and apparently the baseband issue is oly wit 4g network which is used in US. and 2g and 3g work fine without any problem, and the phone is unlocked so i don have 2 worry about unlocking it:)

now do u think i should go 4 it:_)))
Who told you all this 4G BS? he is trying to con you!! buy it from a trusted seller if you dont want to endup with a 35k brick in your hand.

Switch said:
If you are planning to get it from US then i would advise against it as chances are she would be buying a new piece which would be with 4.2.1 firmware and 3.10.x baseband which is not unlockable till date. I had got a new iPhone 4 from US 3 months back which came with a 4.1 firmware and till date there is no unlock available for the same and it has been lying in my wardrobe since last 3 months.
you cannot use any function of the phone or just the communication part?

can you use it as a music source? or browse through wifi?

from what i found out u cannot use it as a phone until the unlock for 4.2.1 is out, else u can use it as an iPod:) and wait until the unlock is out, after which u can use it as a phone 2:) BTW this is only if ur buying a locked phone 4m the us which is bound 2 AT & T, and if its running 4.2.1, if its running 4.1.0 u can unlock it and jailbreak it (software hacks) and use the phone without issues(just dont update firmware 2 4.2.1 until hack is out)

safest option get a factory unlocked phone. no worries

i hope this helped u, if m wrong pls do correct me:)

Back