Ipod 30gb 5th Generation down!!

sumit.sol

Disciple
Hi Guys,

My Ipod 30gb video is dead and showing a bad face..I took it to karol bagh(Gaffar mkrt) where the guy told me it needs battery and HDD replacement..quoted rs.5000 approx for both the stuff..I came up on this site- iPod Parts for iPod Repairs & Apple iPhone Parts at iDemiGods while surfing and found out the total cost of battery and HDD comes out to be rs.2500.. No warranty ..was bought from singapore.

I need your suggestions..please help.

Even my Ipod is in the same condition. I took it to the Apple showroom in Bangalore and they said Total Repair would be 3.5K (Click Wheel + HDD + Labour) i think .. But this was a Year back. I dont know even if they would repair now.
Bty 2.5K to repair this would it be worth it?(Its a 5th Gen so it has the best SQ among all the Classic Gens cuz of the Dac used, in that sense its quite precious :p )..
Did u come across any repair guides?

apextwin146 said:
Even my Ipod is in the same condition. I took it to the Apple showroom in Bangalore and they said Total Repair would be 3.5K (Click Wheel + HDD + Labour) i think .. But this was a Year back. I dont know even if they would repair now.

Bty 2.5K to repair this would it be worth it?(Its a 5th Gen so it has the best SQ among all the Classic Gens cuz of the Dac used, in that sense its quite precious :p )..

Did u come across any repair guides?

I have my ipod dead since 2009..I woder if you know anything about the website-idemigods.com I found out the parts of ipod are really cheap and if more people are in need we can arrange a go for it..However I want to know whether that site is legit or not..

I have an Ipod Mini which i use primarily in my car. Its a 4GB version..I wanted to know how much will it cost to change the HDD to the card may be of abt 16B ? Does anyone knw a good place in karolbagh who can do this?

Does the dealer in Gaffar market also provide spares for repair ? A friend has a dead iPod classic 5.5 gen and after testing it in disk mode ,diagnostic mode I figured out that the HDD inside was full of bad sectors.Rest all tests were perfect. So I need a 80GB iPod classic 5.5 gen hard drive for a reasonable price. Sourcing it via GEB /ebay is costing ~5k :(.

Anyone who knows someone in Mumbai who is good at repairing iPods or will sell me the drive ?

Delhi guys... i can fix it for you if you can source the parts. Just offering my help :)

For the guy above Faheem. The card used is a compact flash card and if i am not wrong , it requires zif soldering. There is an adapter available... i'll look it up for you.

And i'm pretty sure no one in Gaffar is going to do this for you :p

dhruvrock2000 said:
Delhi guys... i can fix it for you if you can source the parts. Just offering my help :)

For the guy above Faheem. The card used is a compact flash card and if i am not wrong , it requires zif soldering. There is an adapter available... i'll look it up for you.

Thanks mate. I would really Appreciate any help !!

dhruvrock2000 said:

Thanks Dhruv for offering your help..Btw which site we can ship the parts from as ifixit.com does not have option to ship to india..

Back