Audio Ipod classic Repair query

I own a Ipod classic 80GB. Has always worked pretty well for me. Since a month or so, the battery seems to be running out of juice in about half an hour, despite a full charge. Clearly the battery has come to its end.

Had called the apple service center for a battery replacement, but i was informed by them that apple doesn't replace batteries, rather has a device replacement policy.

So, i got to return my 80gb classic + pay Rs 5000 and in return i get a ipod 80gb classic with a 90 day warranty.

Has this always been apples policy?? Int there a place around Mumbai, where i can simply get a battery replacement???
Anyone experienced a similar problem?

The only advice i can think of is to contact 9Pea, they do good repairs for iPhone according to some of the members here on TE. Not really sure if they do this kind of stuff, but they could redirect you to sombody else. However, the battery might not be an original.

The only 9pea i could find is a store at ghatkopar east. Is that what you are referring to?

I was browsing the net and i saw ipod classic spares on amarbir's site, lynx India. He had ipod classic batteries for sale. Will be calling him tomorrow, though i was hoping for something in Mumbai itself.

edge111hussain said:
The only 9pea i could find is a store at ghatkopar east. Is that what you are referring to?

I was browsing the net and i saw ipod classic spares on amarbir's site, lynx India. He had ipod classic batteries for sale. Will be calling him tomorrow, though i was hoping for something in Mumbai itself.

Yup! Another thing is that, avoid Lynx as much as possible. There has been not so good stuff about him.

edge111hussain said:
I own a Ipod classic 80GB. Has always worked pretty well for me. Since a month or so, the battery seems to be running out of juice in about half an hour, despite a full charge. Clearly the battery has come to its end.

Had called the apple service center for a battery replacement, but i was informed by them that apple doesn't replace batteries, rather has a device replacement policy.

So, i got to return my 80gb classic + pay Rs 5000 and in return i get a ipod 80gb classic with a 90 day warranty.

Has this always been apples policy?? Int there a place around Mumbai, where i can simply get a battery replacement???
Anyone experienced a similar problem?
Yup. It appears so. I actually replaced my Nano for 5.3k some two months back. The person gave me two options - either replace the battery at a cost of 4.7k or get a full device replacement with 90days warranty for 5.3k. I opted for the later.

i was just poking around and the most expensive battery that i could find was for about 500 bucks., In that case, the 5k option is something im gonna completely throw out of the window.

Am considering the DIY option. But i thought you need an entire kit to open up the ipod, isnt that the case???

It took me 10 minutes to replace the battery of my ipod 30Gb.Just Little effort and just a screwdriver required for replacement of battery.

Back