Ipod is it worth the price???

Imagine

Disciple
Hello guyz , I jus got my first salary and i was thinkin abt buyin a mp3 player. I saw 512MB Ipod shuffle at my frns and it is simply awesome , He says it costed him 7k. I was thinkin is it worth the price or will the other brands provide the same.

Look for IRiver if u can. They are solidly built, have awesome audio quality and come with fantastic Sennheiser MX300 or MX400 earbuds. Ipod is a waste by comparison.

Edit:BTW mods pls move this thread to portables.

Frankly i dont think Ipod is worth that money.

There are better players available at a lower cost that offer more than Ipod.

Also you can wait for Sony Erricson Walkman Phone which has support for 2GB mem stick.

Also you can get a Sony PSP for 12K US Version - [Cost Mumbai Inorbit malls]

I feel the PSP is a complete entertainment solution.

And show that PSP to ur friend having Ipod and show what his Ipod Lacks. [J/K]

Quad Master said:
Frankly i dont think Ipod is worth that money.

There are better players available at a lower cost that offer more than Ipod.

Also you can wait for Sony Erricson Walkman Phone which has support for 2GB mem stick.

Also you can get a Sony PSP for 12K US Version - [Cost Mumbai Inorbit malls]

I feel the PSP is a complete entertainment solution.

And show that PSP to ur friend having Ipod and show what his Ipod Lacks. [J/K]

Hehe but the price of a 512MB/1GB memory stick is steep!

ipod shuffle is ewwww...check out the CREATIVE Muvo TX-FM 512MB..nice audio quality + FM + recording + drag n drop of songs and data. it shud be available for 6-6.5k.

iriver has launched official operations in India. They are the best when it comes to flash based players. NO doubt abt that at all.....

think there was an article in the economic times today as well about iriver launching here officially..

thanks chaos... was a bit busy to look for that.... nice job

I havr the iFP 790..... 256mb.... Pretty good... AWESOME actually

I have used the ipod , Ipod mini , the ibead (my past favourite) and the Creative Muvo NX - 1GB. IF you are talking about audio quality and the reproduction and you are an audiophile, then the ipod is awesome. I will go ahead and say none of the players come close to the ipod in audio reproduction. BUT I HATE IT. like the mac, you have to use itunes which is a pain. with the PC , the ipod sucks.
The closest i got to the ipod is the ibead - and had it for 3 years, till it got donated to a friend. I would advice you to stay away from the cheaper brands like transcend, umax, since the audio quality sucks.
It all depends on what is your primary use. and whether you appretiate high quality audio.
Another thing. I would never never use the shuffle, no display, so i can't select the songs or the order on what i want to listen to ..for a modder and a PC guys that is too restrictive. i like to do things my way.

I agree that the ipod is Awesome. But I have compared the audio quality of an ipod and an iriver personally and in some ways I founbd the iriver to be better.

And anyway, here the main question is an ipod shuffle which sucks big time. You may as well go for a 512MB iriver ifp 795...

What cans did you use for listening? A friend of mine here has both the ipod and ipod shuffle. The default earbuds are bad... they have bloated bass. It sounds slightly better with decent cans but they still suck compared to iriver with mx300 earbuds thats for sure. Never heard the ibead but the newer nomads are also supposedly better than ipod as well.

Congrats Imagine ....The first paycheck really feels good :) Don't forget to buy gifts for your near & dear ones though.....
Why not wait for nother month and buy a ipod photo instead.....the real fun of a portable MP3 player is when you can carry your entire collection on it.....

Anyway, if u really want to buy a flash based player, buy anything buyt a iPod,,,,no display, no good features , yet so pricey.....
However, the iPod HDD based player (photo) is a different beast altogether....

I believe you can get a 30 Gig photo for a street price of 15K ....friend of mine bought 1 for 15.5 in Chennai

like the mac, you have to use itunes which is a pain. with the PC , the ipod sucks.

PCjedi,.....There are several 3rd party apps available that let you do whatever you want to do with the iPOD....I personally use the Winamp iPod Plugin.....

Not just that, there is even a Linux kernel for the iPod available.....I haven't tried it out as the current version supports only upto the 4th gen ipod...here

Back