iPod Nano

tracerbullet

Skilled
iPod nano

After summarizing the existing iPod product line, Jobs explained that the iPod mini is what all of Apple's competitors are aiming for. Apple is "going to do something pretty bold," he said. Apple is "replacing it with something new."

Jobs calls the iPod nano "an entirely new ground-up design, that also has 1000 songs in your pocket." The white device features a color display and can support photos, uses a grey click wheel to navigate, and is 80 percent smaller in volume than the original iPod -- thinner than a number two pencil, said Jobs. The iPod nano weighs 1.5 ounces or 42 grams

Compared to the iPod mini, the iPod nano is half the thickness and 62 percent smaller by volume. It uses a 30-pin dock connector, so the iPod nano plugs in to existing iPod accessories, and can also connect using USB 2.0. It features a 14-hour rechargeable abattery.

The iPod nano also features a new graphical clock, games, stopwatch and lap timer, and a screen lock that uses the click wheel like a combination lock.

Much fun at Macworld

Apple store updates itself!

Blade_Runner said:

Yeah I had mentioned that in bottle's 'Apple's special event next week' thread. Didn't want to repeat myself.

The black nano looks really neat! It's unfortunate that the mini's being replaced, it ought to have been the shuffle instead. Anyhow, the iPod nano is everything that the shuffle should have been: Small and light, yet ergonomic and sexy as hell.

Blade_Runner said:
I know there are other shortcomings as well like only 100 songs since it has a 512Mb transflash card. USB 1.1 support only i guess

so except the software refurb its a repacked e398 or e1000 with a 512mb t-flash card, wtf , moto rokr is old wine in a new bottle,

and i definetly feel as soon as the rokr flash is leaked out on the net ppl will flash their e398 and e1000 to make them ROCKIN, oops Rockr ;)

The iPod Mini HDD version is still around 10K here, so I guess initially prices of the iPod Nano would be marginally higher at around 12K.

Sorry for bumping this thread but I had to ask.

The 12k approx price would it be the direct from apple price or through the dealer price?

Cause I've seen rate fluctuations at various online shopping mals for example consider rediff shopping.

The original ipod shuffle price is 7k odd to be approximate,but its available at 5k odd at rediff with warranty.

Are these gray market ? or is it that dealer prices are way lower than MRP prices as in most of the cases which would apply here too?

The thing is I got some cash to shell out,around 9k to be precise.I was looking for a portable mp3 player anyways,any suggestions or should I start another thread?

digen said:
Sorry for bumping this thread but I had to ask.
The 12k approx price would it be the direct from apple price or through the dealer price?
Cause I've seen rate fluctuations at various online shopping mals for example consider rediff shopping.
The original ipod shuffle price is 7k odd to be approximate,but its available at 5k odd at rediff with warranty.
Are these gray market ? or is it that dealer prices are way lower than MRP prices as in most of the cases which would apply here too?

The thing is I got some cash to shell out,around 9k to be precise.I was looking for a portable mp3 player anyways,any suggestions or should I start another thread?
Wait for the Nano or else you can get the 4Gb ipod mini for 10k odd i guess, The zen micro is also available at same price.

Yeah Blade, but the prices you've mentioned are from the grey-market. Apple India has all their stuff well over 15k, such is the luck.

@digen: Go for the black Nano. It'll be well worth the price (grey-markt of course). I've tested/evaluated very many mp3 players and nothing stands close to the iPods (minus the Shuffles which s.u.c.k. entirely) when it comes to ergonomics, menu-navigation and build quality. This in my opinion is what counts in such devices: ease of use. As long as the sound quality and overall performance is good, I don't care about anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys one of my friend in college is getting 2 ipod nano's black from US.
They will be released in US next week , he's crazy behind ipod nano.
He wants my opinion , what do u say guys.
hes getting a single piece for $250 approx.

i got the ipod nano from the us like 4-5 days ago ;) (add that to my 4gb mini) ...u know what they say bout apples to stay healthy :p

edit : it ws 200$

Back