iPod remote first look (w/pics!)

dipdude

Skilled
Source & Images courtesy : Ipodbank

Well, I got the iPod Radio Remote today. I ordered it right after the keynote and since I'm the person who can't stand waiting for something I've already bought, I went with FedEx 2nd day shipping for $6 more. Here are my first impressions

The remote looks good. It's quite tiny but matches my white iPod well. I would imagine that it wouldn't quite match the black iPod. I think Apple should really consider coming up with a black version.

Radio reception is quite good. You can set your favorite radio stations in memory and it's easy to change from station to station. Click the wheel and the name of the station displays. You can also use the remote to turn the radio on and off. One great feature is the ability to browse iPod menus while listening to the radio. You can look at your photo's and listen to the radio at the same time.

Another plus is, it doubles as an iPod remote. You can't navigate the iPod menus (but really, wouldn't that negate the need for a remote since you'd need to see the screen) but you can use it to change volume and fast forward or rewind tracks.

Is it worth $50? Well, it depends.

For some, we bought iPods so we wouldn't have to listen to whatever the radio forced us to listen.

For others who like to listen to news or radio talk shows, this could be a fantastic add-on to your iPod. Remember, it doubles as a remote, too so if you've been looking for one of those as well, this could be the solution for you.

Here are some pictures:

ipodremote1.jpg

ipodremote3.jpg

ipodremote4.jpg

Back