iPod Touch 3G gone bonkers!

phoenix844884

The Analyst
Skilled
Someone help me out please.

My iPod Touch 3G was Jailbroken with blackra1n but I accidentally shut it off and it went into the restore loop. I thought since Spirit JB is out I should once and for all get an untethered JB.
I set it to restore and update in iTunes when it gave me error 1602. As per Apple website the solution for that is to remove and reinstall iTunes. After doing that my iPod is now stuck on the "Connect to iTunes" screen and doesn't boot up.
I can't even reset it by pressing the home and sleep/wake button together for 10 seconds.

What should I do? Does it qualify for repair/replacement? I thankfully had backed up all my data and erased the iPod clean.
Apple website shows that it has limited warranty, whatever that means. How to claim warranty from Apple?

Tried that too. :(

Didn't work. Have reserved an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar at the local Apple store. Lets hope they can solve this problem.

Happened to me once too, i was trying to do the restore from my laptop. Tried few times and was getting the same error. After that tried from my desktop and it worked. Try to installed itunes and again, if possible try to do it from some other computer. Do not worry it happens sometimes. no idea what is the reason but one of my friends also faced the similar problem and changing to a different PC worked.

Go to iclarified and do the step by step restore.

Dont go to apple store since they will ask if it was jailbreaked . Even i used to get hell lot of errors while jailbreaking . If is shows the connect to itunes thing then it means that it has no OS installed and cannot boot . If you have the jailbreaked firmware then in itunes screan press shift + update then select your custom sirmware and your new firmware will get installed . Which version of itunes you are using , many times changing itunes version solve many errors . .

Oh sorry didnt see the above post that you got everything ok , anyway cheers ....

Back