Audio ipod touch 4g "album" display & "play count" problems :(

quixilver

Disciple
Hi guys,

just got an iphone 4g last month...

Noticed 2 problems with it...

1. Album view issue-
but in the "album view" in music player, it sorts as album artist (check the snapshot).

in my previous ipod classic 80gb, it clearly had separate sorting of Albums,Artists etc. But in this, the Albums are further separated if the artists are different in the ID tags! :(

This is quite annoying coz i cant play songs in sequence from a single album...

Is there a way to sort it in such a way that all songs belonging to an Album are grouped in same place (and no further sorting is done) ?? I dont want to use the 'compilation' option in itunes

2. Play count issue -
Also my play count doesn't seem to update at all! if i play the song via itunes on PC, the play count updates! But on the ipod, even if i play the song several times from start to end, it does not update its play count.

itunes is set to 'sync manually with this ipod.' for music. But i dont know if that is the reason because on the ipod classic, the moment i play a song, its play count increments

Experts, pl chip in with ur valuable suggestions!

Cheerz
Quixilver

Mods : not sure if this is the right zone to post this thread ?? pl move it to the appropriate section if i posted at the wrong place! :(

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

View attachment 13238

I dont get it, are you saying that you missing the Album view instead it show the Artist. Do proper tagging of the individual albums by Right click -> Get Info.
else create a separate playlist of your own choice.

AFAIK, the play counts get synced when you play the song on the iTunes.
For some experiments, create the Smart Playlist according to your needs.
Hope this helps.

PS.is it a iPhone or the iTouch?
Upload the pics as i leads to unknow file.

I dont get it, are you saying that you missing the Album view instead it show the Artist. Do proper tagging of the individual albums by Right click -> Get Info.
else create a separate playlist of your own choice.

AFAIK, the play counts get synced when you play the song on the iTunes.
For some experiments, create the Smart Playlist according to your needs.
Hope this helps.

PS.is it a iPhone or the iTouch?
Upload the pics as i leads to unknow file.

Hey thanks for the response.... its an itouch 4g (sorry for the typo in the begining) :p
I think there was some problem in the pic :(

No what i meant is this

If i have say album KITES with 4 songs "aaa by artist A", "bbb by artist X", "ccc by artist X" & "ddd by artist Y"

if i click on "album" view in itouch, it displays as
KITES(artist A) - open and i have song aaa
KITES(artist X) - open and i have songs bbb & ccc
KITES(artist Y) - open and i have song ddd

the view shows 3 different Albums coz of 3 different artists!

While in the ipod classic, in same case it wud be
KITES - open and i have all 4 songs inside

hope i made it clearer now ?? :-/

i have made a smart playlist which is supposed to capture songs if play count is >2 as 'frequently played'. I have not connected my ipod classic to itunes since months, and the same smart playlist updates well.

on the itouch though i play the same song 4-5 times, it just doesnt increase its count (and hence doesnt appear in 'frequently played' smart plalist) unless its played on itunes more than twice... dats silly!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

i mean isn't iOS5 supposed to be pc-free ?? i still need to connect n sync with itunes to update play count ?? :O

Back