IPTV on laptop

Not sure if this is the right forum but I have an issue which is probably best related to networking.

So I got an IPTV connection from my ISP which provides these services via fibreoptics (FTTH I suppose). Now the setup is thus:

• Central router/hub which is connected to the phone line. Provides wireless internet and has ethernet ports.
  • One of those ports has a cable going to my laptop.
  • Another one has a cable going to an access point which connects another access point wirelessly.
  • That another access point connects the STB (ZTE IPTV STB is ZXV10 B700 V3) via ethernet cable.

I believe the above is a pretty standard setup for IPTV + internet services. Now my question is whether I can access these IPTV signals on my laptop (which is on the same network as the STB as explained above)?

I found a software (http://www.dvblogic.com/iptv.php) which claims to do the trick but so far I am unsuccessful in my attempt due to limited support and documentation. I also think that VLC will be able to do this (by providing the multicast address for the streams) but that too is not working.

If anyone has done it successfully, please advise. Also, I do not have a TV tuner card. Is it an absolute must?

Back