IR not working in samsung x200

1. x200 has option to activate ir with pc and with other phones.. but no option to send anythign using IR, liek send via email or send via IR.. it does not show any option ..
2. also, i tried to recieve files(be it pic or mid) from sony ericsson k300i but the sony thing showed no devices found.. :( during one attempt it reached upto "sendin" message but did not show any progress... after tat it always shows "no devices found" msg only. this sony phone has worked its IR with other 6600 phones n all.. so m sure its IR is working fine...

help needed............................

bd, not sure if it's valid for x200, but in x600 manual it was given that if their is no communication between your phone and Irda compliant device within one minute the IR would be set to off automatically.

I am assuming you do turn on your IR from phone setting's. You would get a icon on top if IR is active.

also, drm content(certain ringtones etc may not be transferrable)

Atleast for phonebook there should be a send all via infrared, check in individual menu's. d/l your x200 manual from samsung's site, if you dont have one.

Edit : X200 might not support d/l-sending pictures etc, only phone book IR supported, check for driver/sofware/firware upgrades. Many folks have the same complaint.

yes tat icon is active..
and ya.. i don hav the manual... but i checked all the menus.. its not there..

similarly.. i had heard earlier tat for x100 also, IR was there, but when my friend got his x100, there was not even IR port.......
also, in the samsung manual, they say speakerphone facility for x200.. but tat too is missing.......... crap samsung!! :(

^^Samsung IR sucks. You can only use it with an IR transmitter thats fitted on a PC, that too after installing some crappy software on the system. Won't work by default. Its not the standard IRDA protocol used by SE and loads of IR receivers. SE is by far is the best of the lot when it comes to BT and IR. I've even printed pics straight from a SE phone to an HP printer with IRDA :)

just 1hr back i was trying to transfer some tones to my pal's x200, frm my fone and pc but it failed too.

it doesnt even pair with other samsung fones.

hard luck

Back