IRCTC Account Suspended - What to do ?

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi folks,

irctc - my railway booking online account is suspended

I can use my login id and password - BUT cannot book any tickets or update my profile.

I get the error message "Booking is not allowed as your account is suspended".

My first ID was created in 1999, roughly when irctc started and I used it only once in 1999. Therafter I forgot my id & password (I did not have any occassion to make use of irctc till 2010).

My account ID was re-created on 29/December/2008 and I still have that email showing a succesfull entry, thereafter I booked tickets on 01/March/2010 (email exists) and after that no more bookings till date. My mobile number is the same for the past 8 years.

There are several complaints on various sites - BUT no solutions anywhere. IRCTC offers no solutions as to "how to re-activate". What is to be done as I need to urgently book tickets now for my family to travel during diwali.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

:(

I have recently come back home and found that my account has also been suspended.
I couldn't make out a reason for the same.
It might be due to the fact that I was away from home for long but this has happened the first time.
I'm using my sister's account for now.

Why are you so much behind that historic a/c? Create a new one with same mobile no and forget previous issue.

You didn't read my post, did you?
I am not able to create a new account using my own name, address and other details since it says user already registered.
And there's no point filling in bogus entries.

I have recently come back home and found that my account has also been suspended.
I couldn't make out a reason for the same.
It might be due to the fact that I was away from home for long but this has happened the first time.
I'm using my sister's account for now.

However, this does not resolve the fundamental question> our own account is kaput & I cannot be revived

Create another a/c and use a new phone number. Or, send a mail to IRCTC held-desk, but they are painfully slow.

Phone:
011-23345500, 011-23344787, 011-23344773, 011-23345800, 011-23340000
Emails:
care@irctc.co.in
etickets@irctc.co.in

I have created an account on my wife's name/mobile no/email-id & this has worked. However payment's will always be routed thru my bank account. Thanks, I will try the email id's that you have given. However no one seems to have had any success - or even gotten any reply from IRCTC !!!!

That can be done but it'll require filling bogus values in a lot of fields since I tried multiple times to create a new account by changing various fields.

Why are you so much behind that historic a/c? Create a new one with same mobile no and forget previous issue.

DUDE ..... U have'nt the slightest clue what this is all about :annoyed:

To weed out fake users / scruplous agents / touts / multiple user-id's & same telephone nos or same addresses/ and anyone else who was misusing the system to corner or block tickets & then sell them in black, irctc has completely scrutinised it's user database from June 2012.

They have updated their own software to scan for such entries and have / are suspending accounts wherein the same data are found elsewhere.

IRCTC (at the moment) does not offer ANY MODE OF REDRESSAL OR RE-ACTIVATION/RE-VERIFICATION of any user account directly through their portal.

Lastly - my historical info was just to show that irctc did not have any such method (prior to June 2012 ..... this is roughly the time wherein most complaints have started pouring in) to detect and weed out duplicate entries. Plus to also show/prove that I have rarely used irctc & not been any fradulent user.

You didn't read my post, did you?
I am not able to create a new account using my own name, address and other details since it says user already registered.
And there's no point filling in bogus entries.

Ditto - this is just not like FB or any other bloomin site.

Your name / age / date-of-birth / cell-phone / landline / address (in their database) - all have to match with REAL PROOF ..... a real f^@*ng problem.

Now unless there is sufficient awareness - we have to let the Railway Ministry know that there are real & genuine users out there who face this problem and to find a way to solve it (thereafter the duplicate id etc account can be deleted) ..... somewhat like, after losing a credit/debit card.... we go through a process of "re-verification" before the bank is satisfied and re-issues us a new card.

Footnote: I had planned to book tickets to Kerala for 9thNov ...... everything's already full way beyond my imagination on all trains originating from LTT (Mumbai). Yes, I am also aware that prior & accurate planning is essential and on the 120th day prior to your journey - book at 8 am!!! :(

Book the tickets via a travel agency for the time being and send a mail to IRCTC describing the problem in detail along with a bunch of valid ID proofs. They should reinstate the account for you.

I am in the same boat since almost 2 years. Forgot the password but cannot make a new account because my e-mail ID and personal contact number is already registered with the previous ID. Can't seem to recover it easily. I book the tickets using some random friend's account.

PS: Where in KL?

^^
They do not have a p'word retrieval system..?

They do hv a p'word retrieval system, however this would ONLY gain you entry into irctc website - and then from here you can have access to only 1 thing (view ur Master passenger list ..... if u hd created one). YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE - Update Profile / Plan Journey / See Availability of Trains or Book Tickets .......... then you get the error message "Booking is not allowed as your account is suspended" !!!

Book the tickets via a travel agency for the time being and send a mail to IRCTC describing the problem in detail along with a bunch of valid ID proofs. They should reinstate the account for you.

I am in the same boat since almost 2 years. Forgot the password but cannot make a new account because my e-mail ID and personal contact number is already registered with the previous ID. Can't seem to recover it easily. I book the tickets using some random friend's account.

PS: Where in KL?

Thanks Gannu...... will tell my wife to do so (thru Agent), if she is still keen. My wife and daughter were to travel - to Divine Nagar (Potta).... Netravati Exp halts there on saturday's or via Thrissur. I was to follow a week later. 9th Oct was the start of Diwali Vacations ..... if this does not work out this time. Then I may have to plan in Feb holidays (using my wife's irctc id) ....... and set a -120 day reminder on my cell ......:annoyed:

Let's wait for a few days ...... I am worried as my wife's id too could get suspended .......... reason being (our address and names exist now in two places on irctc's site). I hope this does'nt happen.

Regards mailing irctc ...... will do so with all valid proofs (though nuttin may come outa it).

If an account is suspended, then there is no way to activate it.

You need to create new one with different mail id and mobile number.

Nothing else will be help you.

i had the same problem. changing your email id thru ur profile should help.

Sigh ..... Go thru the thread man :annoyed: - After logging in YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE - Update Profile / Plan Journey / See Availability of Trains or Book Tickets .......... then you get the error message "Booking is not allowed as your account is suspended" or "You are not allowed to update your account as you are suspended user"

If an account is suspended, then there is no way to activate it.

You need to create new one with different mail id and mobile number.

Nothing else will be help you.

Thank you for that brilliant suggestion ..... please, also tell me how do I also change my "name & dob" and "address" and also get valid proof of the same!!!!

Does real address and name matters in IRCTC registration?

Thanks - this is an interesting angle..... (It may work). I've never done any such ghotala's in my life ..... though I may get stuck for my "mobile number" - which is already stored in their database. And changing my cell-phone no is simply out of question .... just for irctc !!!!

For first time/New users - you need two things
valid email-id
cell-phone number
(also landline no)

Verification is sent to both (link in email + serial code on mobile) ..... Click on the link first & then enter the "code" .....ONLY then does activation take place

Do we need to submit valid proof for registration?

Not for registration. But only when you travel (Name/Address on the ticket to match with proof)

Thank you for that brilliant suggestion ..... please, also tell me how do I also change my "name & dob" and "address" and also get valid proof of the same!!!!

you do not need to change it.

You must aware about deactivation process by IRCTC.

in order to avoid id suspension, always book ticket after 5 min of opening tatkal/Opening day tickets & book tickets at regular interval, do not consume all 10 slots every months.

Ok if you really having only one mobile no..(including all your family members) then you have a issue.. you can't change your mobile no only for irctc registration. Even when i first saw this thread, i was like "what is the issue if it got suspended? why one cannot create another a/c move further?"

Anyways when u travel, you need to provide an valid ID card(Name and ID number), Address is not required match with what shown in the ticket!

Back