IRCTC issue

ashish

Adept
Today morning I tried to book a tatkal ticket for my relative and unfortunately the ticket wasnt booked and also money got deducted from my icici a/c .

Foll. are all the screenshots-
upload_2014-10-21_11-22-43.png

upload_2014-10-21_11-23-50.png

upload_2014-10-21_11-24-51.png

upload_2014-10-21_11-25-36.png

So what does the status "payment requested" means and then again "payment failed" ?

Will I get my refund within some days or is my money lost as this was tatkal ticket which didnt got booked.
I'm worried. :(

Looks confusing to me.

First it says Payment rejected by bank. Well if its rejected from the bank i.e. transaction rejected, then the payments itself shouldnt have been deducted by the bank for the op a/c which is Rs. 2152.47/-

Secondly it says Payment requested. Now what does that mean? Is irctc awaiting payment from the bank??

Finally, it says Payment failed !!! Great!!

Refund will come automatically. Happens a lot !
Also, for booking tatkal, try this site: irctceasybook.com
Always get tatkal tickets within 15-20 secs ! :)

Looks confusing to me.

First it says Payment rejected by bank. Well if its rejected from the bank i.e. transaction rejected, then the payments itself shouldnt have been deducted by the bank for the op a/c which is Rs. 2152.47/-

Secondly it says Payment requested. Now what does that mean? Is irctc awaiting payment from the bank??

Finally, it says Payment failed !!! Great!!

Payment confirmation is a double verification process between bank and a vendor servers.
Payment requested = vendor server is waiting for confirmation of payment from bank server.
Payment Rejected = Bank server replied in negative during confirmation process.
Payment Failed = Bank server failed to reply to vendor server within stipulated time period.

Refund will come automatically. Happens a lot !
Also, for booking tatkal, try this site: irctceasybook.com
Always get tatkal tickets within 15-20 secs ! :)

Using such websites you are compromising your IRCTC account and help black marketing of tatkal tickets.
IRCTC has put strict limitations for tatkal bookings. These sites capture your credentials and use your account for tatkal bookings later.

Using such websites you are compromising your IRCTC account and help black marketing of tatkal tickets.
IRCTC has put strict limitations for tatkal bookings. These sites capture your credentials and use your account for tatkal bookings later.
Errr. Nope. You don't have to enter your UN and PW if you don't want to. What it does is it basically asks you to input all data and during tatkal hours, you just press ALT+M (you need to have their extension installed) and it pastes all data in the appropriate field. The paid version also lets you input payment details (I use the free service). Been using for the past 6-8 months. No compromise of my IRCTC account yet.

Errr. Nope. You don't have to enter your UN and PW if you don't want to. What it does is it basically asks you to input all data and during tatkal hours, you just press ALT+M (you need to have their extension installed) and it pastes all data in the appropriate field. The paid version also lets you input payment details (I use the free service). Been using for the past 6-8 months. No compromise of my IRCTC account yet.

Good, just for a last check. Install a nerwork monitoring software in your PC and check if this extension is connecting with some external server.
Also check at what times is it connected or not connected.

I booked my ticket on IRCTC. But it diplayed the message that "REJECTED BY BANK" and money was deducted from my account. Please help me to know what to do to refund my money asap.

Back