CPU/Mobo is 790GX avaiable?

vishwaswish

Disciple
Ma upgrade is due for this oct(been pushing it from July
I found out from ma dealer within fortnight E8500 n X4 9850 will be at ~same price rate. I did ma reseach n AMD suited my need's better(i'm not a OC'er nor performance mimic) i do ton's of rendering work also heavy user of AutoCADD n once in a while gaming too @ 1280X1024 ma sweet spot.

I read a lot of +ve stuff about 790gx but found its not yet available with ma dealer in sp road. so anyone no's where can i get 790GX.
Budget Rs.7000 - 8000/-max

ma other components
Sapphire HD 4850
Transcend 2x2 GB 800Mhz
320 GB HDD

PS- I'm aware of the current CPU market trend n plz don't suggest Intel CPU.

Be careful. Some boards use 790G+SB700, and some use the SB750.

The M3A78-T (I think) is available in Lamington, last I checked it was ~7K. It's 790G, not 780G in spite of the model number.

I'm using a M3A78-EM, which is a 780G mobo with SB700, it's a pretty sweet mobo and supports 140watt CPUs, such as 9850/9950. I'm going to add a 9950 any day now to the rig, currently it's running a X2 4000+. Some upgrade. Anyway if you don't OC, and don't need the CPU optimisations in the SB750, it's a pretty decent board. I do hope it can take a 9950 as advertised. The CPU heatsink may be a question, as the 9950 stock HSF is a monster and may not play nicely with the NB heatsink. The M3A78 has a bit of an issue in this regard.

Thanks Muzux2. I'm also considering 9950 BE ma dealer told AMD's price cut has not come into play in India so from oct they may be a pretty good drop in price of all AMD proc so waiting for that

@ abhisheksahas This is not "Suggest Me Which Is Better Thread". I no Q6600 is superior. If i go with AMD reg i can do without ma GPU.

vishwaswish said:
Thanks Muzux2. I'm also considering 9950 BE ma dealer told AMD's price cut has not come into play in India so from oct they may be a pretty good drop in price of all AMD proc so waiting for that
@ abhisheksahas This is not "Suggest Me Which Is Better Thread". I no Q6600 is superior. If i go with AMD reg i can do without ma GPU.

yeah no denying that, IGPs for AMD platform rock.

Nice board, if you never have to plug in a USB header after attaching a graphics card to it. Seriously, it's a good board.

Q6600 is not always superior when it comes to the 9950BE. The 9850 is slightly slower, and should be a mite cheaper if you hunt down a good deal.

The price cut is in effect actually (read my posts in the Lamington Road thread). The problem is that dealers have picked up stocks at the old price and need to sell it off at that price so they don't suffer losses. 1st September was the official date of the cuts in India. You can't do anything till the old stock moves. I've managed to get one at somewhere between the two prices (old and new) and should be installing it next week. btw the price drop is generous only on the top end parts.

Enjoy your rig, once you add up the right hand side you will see you've got a very competitive rig at quite a saving, and you've also got a top-end board instead of a 'value' board like the IP35-E.

you could do without GPU ...but as you say your requirement of "tons of renderings and heavy autocad work will not really cut it with a onboard GPU...do consider a q6600 if your primary requirement is rendering in 3dsmax but then if its amd then whatever floats your boat chief

kippu said:
you could do without GPU ...but as you say your requirement of "tons of renderings and heavy autocad work will not really cut it with a onboard GPU...do consider a q6600 if your primary requirement is rendering in 3dsmax but then if its amd then whatever floats your boat chief

ma comp also double's has htpc, downloading reg. so i seriouly don't want hd4850 in ma comp wen i'm not doing using it. so i use igp wen surfing.......etc. i think 790gx's ipg can handheld ma type of rendering work(i'm a architecture student. most of them r collage project n also armature level)

Back