Is a Registry Cleaner really needed?

JPL

Disciple
Hi Again. Is a registery cleaner really needed or rather does it really work and improve the performance like many of the programs claim too !!

and if yes which one do you guys recommend, of course free.

What other applications can help us to boost the system performance and maintainance with the same config?

And also please advice whether softwares that are available for boosting the browsing and download speed (ADSL 2+, BSNL) are really effective, if so please recommend a free ware.

About registry cleaner i am not really very sure but yes i use them from time to time. Maybe once in a couple of months.
Earlier i used Easycleaner which was very modest (an essential quality in a registrycleaner) as it claims to put safety first. Used it for more than a year and never had any trouble with it.
Now i use cccleaner. Basically it's a crap/junk cleaner but has support for registries too. Using it for last 5 months. So far I had no trouble with it.

Download accelerators can't increase your speed. At best they can fully utilise whatever bandwidth that has been alloted to you by ur ISP. But so can download managers. also with download managers you get pause/resume support. Handy if your internet connection is prone to disconnections or you are downloading very large files. FDM is a nice download manager. I use it and so far very satisfied with it.

As such i never found a prob with registry cleaners...
There r many...jus take ur pick @download.com..

^yeah in the age of modern os like vista CCleaner is totally adequate...

Back