Graphic Cards Is a SeaSonic 620W PSU enough for a GTX 560 ?

Re: Help needed to get a PSU and Processor

^^ Yes it can handle GTX 560Ti without OC easily and has some room for OCing CPU and GPU.
And 520W model is also a very good PSU ,It has amazing reviews and totally VFm and can handle GTX 560Ti W/O OC.
But why risk it when you can futureproof by getting 620w model.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hey wait a min i think you have a 620w model.(saw your sig)
Then why are asking ?

Maybe op is buying or bought gtx560ti and wants to oc the gpu and cpu,that's why he is ensuring the capability of the psu.

another question... is the temp good or high enough for GTX 560 ti ?

I ran "Design garage" nVidia software for GPU and it was 98-99% GPU load + 80% fan speed.

Temp - Max 71 C

[attachment=10499:17419.attach]

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 84
Upgrade your RAM. 4GB wont suffice an i5 2500k and a GTX 560 Ti. 8GB would be ideal, so that games wont have to run short of memory. And do use 64 bit OS after the upgrade.

Temperatures for gtx560ti look just fine, they could have been ~ 68 C @ Full load but it depends on the ambient temperature and airflow.

And Yes, a Seasonic S12 620W can handle your entire rig along with an OC'd gtx560ti .

Happy Gaming :D .

ambient temp is 32 C , card idles at 35-36 C . Fan @ 40% speed ( 1770 RPM )

To blow out hot air, i installed two 80mm fan near card to push out hot air from cabby. 1x 120mm Cooler master Fan is installed on front to suck air.

cabinet is very basic one - iball entizer.

Perhaps, i need a more airy cabinet for good flow of air.

I have the 560 ti Hawk edition and card idles at 39c and full load at 78C in a Nzxt gamma .So i guess your temperatures are cooler than mine and thats what the full load temperatures are i think based on the reviews i have read. And yeah like dominator said do upgrade the RAM , i had been playing BF3 on my rig and it used to frame for sudden instances and if i minimized the game PC used to freezze for approx 10 seconds with 4gb RAM , now i have 8gb RAM and game works as smooth as anything.

RAM usage goes to 80%+ with usage of 4GB ram with BF3.

Sorry to bump old thread,

I got new 4GB module , new Cooler master Elite 410 cabinet..... GPU idles at 26-28C , Max Temp - 65C .. I couldn't be more happy :)

Getting more components for CPU and GPU to run it more cool.

You got a great gaming rig man:p

Now upgrade you monitor. . . since Full HD monitor is a must if you game a lot.

Acer 18.5" x193HQ can't give justice to your rig.

@nalin How long have you been running your setup i5-760+460AMP on CM Extreme Power 600W? Am asking since I have a CM Extreme power 650W SMPS and am planning to get an HD6950 or HD6970 to run without OC. Was worried upgrading with CM EP 650W because of the bad reviews CM EP series seems to get everywhere.

@ashis_lakra Haven't heard of the CM Elite 410 cabinet before. Read from your earlier post that you have 2x80mm x OUT and 1x120mm x IN, If your new cabinet has fan slots on the top, would suggest to use one of them for the OUT fans. Also, better to have the 120 mm along with one of the 80 mm fans on OUT and keep just one 80mm on IN, that will improve the cooling.

Back