Is ACT's upload speed reduced?

nsas02

Disciple
I have an ACT broadband connection. It's 300Mbps plan. Usually my download speed and upload speed will be around 250ish Mbps. Today I checked and see the upload speed strggles to even reach 100Mbps. Is there any policy change kind of thing happened? ACT users -- can you check if your upload speed is same as your download speed.

Note: I'm yet to restart my modem and check. Will be raising a service ticket if upload is slow after that. Wanted to check with fellow mates....

The usual questions...

1. Are you checking on wired or wifi?

2. Where are you uploading to? Tried different upload sites?

well duh. are you able to test via ethernet cable that gives 1gbit link speed???
My home server is connected via ethernet. I tested there and same. 250ish for download and 90-100ish for upload.
Just wanted to understand from fellow ACT owners if they get full upload speed also.

Upload speed is good thro ethernet. 400Mbps connection.

Attachments

• IMG_20230911_222131.jpg
    IMG_20230911_222131.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 70
I have an ACT broadband connection. It's 300Mbps plan. Usually my download speed and upload speed will be around 250ish Mbps. Today I checked and see the upload speed strggles to even reach 100Mbps. Is there any policy change kind of thing happened? ACT users -- can you check if your upload speed is same as your download speed.

Note: I'm yet to restart my modem and check. Will be raising a service ticket if upload is slow after that. Wanted to check with fellow mates....
So they have been doing this for a while now and restarting the modem works for me. This is what I have been doing now.
Also, the router is 5+ years old, so I hope that its not the main culprit. I upgraded from a 300 to a 400 mb connection.

Spoke with ACT. They have done some reset at their back end. Asked me to check for 48Hrs. If still not getting full upload speed, they need to change the router since it is 2 years old and could be outdated...

Not on ACT, but i too faced the same with my local operator. First they performed a remote reset on their systems. Resolves most of the time. But one time mine didn't resolve, then a technician visited me at home and kept working for an hour. Was fixed eventually. Said it was some unique issue. Never faced a similar issue since (3.5yrs ago).

Back