Is AirTel Throttling torrents ?

@asingh - Posting a screenshot now mate. Downloading a 7.85GB file which I have just started. Speeds are about 230-250 KBps. Will post a new screenshot tomorrow morning when I can. Speeds should be around 60-80 KBps then. Download was queued at about 2:30 AM.

faing same issue from last one month and looks now its with everyone i am using 4mbps and my speed max comes around 120 or so eariler it used to be 400+

Thanks Sourav. Appreciate it. Will show us, what Airtel is really doing. At that screenie your speeds were fine, which corroborate with your 1 AM - 10 AM window. When ever you can, show us the day time screenshot..!

Regarding all this failtel crap,

lets screw them,best way out is economic punishment.

and why not take MTNL or BSNL and get done with all this throttling and FUP.

I honestly dont understand why we get afraid of government agencies.

tell me can you go and get hold of any airtel guys at your city.

In case of bsnl and mtnl,at least you can get hold of local exchange engineer at anytime.

if you have billing issue get hold of CAO.

do you even know where is the person talking to you on CC of failtel?

If you all boycott Failtel,they have to comply with you all to get throttling removed.

Here you go. I have selected the download speed monitor at the lower end of the page with each grid representing one hour. So you can see right about after 10 AM, the speeds come down like crazy. Same torrent, same number of seeders. One of the best private trackers available that specializes in HD content. This is exactly what I was talking about. So now you know :p.

Also, posting a screenshot of a speed test done just now. So you can see how Airtel can say that the speeds are consistent.

pratikb said:
Regarding all this failtel crap,

lets screw them,best way out is economic punishment.

and why not take MTNL or BSNL and get done with all this throttling and FUP.

I honestly dont understand why we get afraid of government agencies.

tell me can you go and get hold of any airtel guys at your city.

In case of bsnl and mtnl,at least you can get hold of local exchange engineer at anytime.

if you have billing issue get hold of CAO.

do you even know where is the person talking to you on CC of failtel?

If you all boycott Failtel,they have to comply with you all to get throttling removed.
I would so like to order MTNL but have never been able to get in touch with them over the phone. My mobile/airtel landline in office cannot even connect to their number. I believe only MTNL and Trump connection user can call them. Next we are so lazy these days that I am scared to spend a day or two at MTNL office to get their connection. But really we should vote with our wallet and screw this Failtel company.

^^

I guess using the below link, you can use it to apply for an MTNL land line. One the left is "Land-line service". Then choose registration. Then bolt-on the BB once it gets activated using the "Broadband service option" (Registration) once the MTNL is activated.

Customer Care - Normal Application

i had some horrible time when i was on MTNL. they have the worst CC without an iota of tech knowledge. used to get downtime atleast

10-15 times in a week. had to switch off and on my modem 3-5 times just to connect to internet. and a weird solution for smooth working

of an mtnl broadband to work properly was to leave my landline off the hook(engaged). though airtel is throttling torrents at my end also

but still i am able to download more then i ever could on mtnl. in the past 1-1.5 years of airtel, i have experienced downtime hardly once

or twice.

It is sad. Airtel has throttling issues and here after shifting to reliance I have problems with their service. Been without internet connection for 2 days now. I don't know when the reliance guys will fix it up.

I have the same problem with airtel and torrent dl... With my 2 mbps line i get roughly around 60 KB/s speed... moreover I mainly download from TL only... Glasnost shows 'There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads. '.. dono wat is happening... should i complain to CC??? I get max speed from direct dls...

navino87 said:
I have the same problem with airtel and torrent dl... With my 2 mbps line i get roughly around 60 KB/s speed... moreover I mainly download from TL only... Glasnost shows 'There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads. '.. dono wat is happening... should i complain to CC??? I get max speed from direct dls...
glasnost in my case shows that my isp which is failtel is blocking

raj_pol said:
It is sad. Airtel has throttling issues and here after shifting to reliance I have problems with their service. Been without internet connection for 2 days now. I don't know when the reliance guys will fix it up.

Now this comes up when i was considering an option to switch to Reliance :( You're based in Gurgaon ?

I am based in Gurgaon and I would not suggest reliance. Their speeds might be good but their customer service and technicians will make you cry.

raj_pol said:
I am based in Gurgaon and I would not suggest reliance. Their speeds might be good but their customer service and technicians will make you cry.
reliance not giving connection in half of gurgaon. may i know which area ur talking about

Basically they have oversold during the hay-days in GGN/Delhi. Now not free nodes, less service personnel. Missed commitments. Nothing new, with the "chaltha hain" attitude. Most users can manage without "net" at home for few days. Power users like us suffer and live in agony. Now the rains have started. Bye - bye constant "net".

Back