CPU/Mobo Is Asus P5b Deluxe Wifi Mobo Comptible With E8400

hi i am plannign to change my processor from E6400 TO e8400 just want to know will it work fine . when checked asus website site it supports the prcessor but it says 1333 FSB IN O.C mode.if anyome has any idea if there can be some kind of issue with it. else i will have to go for Q6600.Please help !!! :S

Errrmmm.. Are u going to invest in a new P5B Deluxe by any chance?? :S

If so thats purely worthless since P965 is an outdated chip; P35 has taken its plkace and now P45 would gradually replace P35; :D

anks22402 said:
hi i am plannign to change my processor from E6400 TO e8400 just want to know will it work fine . when checked asus website site it supports the prcessor but it says 1333 FSB IN O.C mode.if anyome has any idea if there can be some kind of issue with it. else i will have to go for Q6600.Please help !!! :S

hes planning to change his proccy my friend .. not the mobo :bleh:

I have the same setup and i stepped up from a 6400 to a 8400 too... You will need to do a Bios update. Better you do it now.

jsut want to clarify on this .. when we update the bios .. do we still need to OC and get the FSB to 1333 or its done automatically with the update ?

Yes, u'll have to re-enter the BIOS settings since u're erasing the existing data on the EEPROM chip and re-writing data onto it; :)

oh so whats the difference when we have to update the bios and still OC it to 1333 fsb :S .. the bios update should take care of it right

well i have same mobo. and it updated in Febg 08 but i dont remember version. i downloaded latest one from asus site.
do i neeed to update again . i am slo planning tor 8400...
switch what is your verion ?

Lol;

The P5B deluxe [P965 chipset] did not support the Wolfies until the BIOS update was done so Asus has the BIOS update to support them;

Else u may get a cpu ucode loading error while POST with the CPU not being recognised by the board yet u may run any apps without any problem; OC'ing may have instability issues though;

Is this possible on GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.0), there is no BIOS update like the P5B Deluxe

Ds3 Rev 1.0 most probably doesn't support the E8400 . Only Rev 1.1 or later supports it with a bios update. I remember seeing this info sometime back...nt 100% sure though :p

For ppl wanting to run the E8400 on this board with Rev 1.0, forget it, applied the newer bios F13K, and had weird issues like the BIOS getting reset and stuff like that, rolled back to the stable F12 and everthing is working fine, E2140 at 2.65 MHz on stock cooler and stock volts

Back