The intial amount that you have to submit is Rs. 2141

And with a monthly rent for first 5 months

900 + 500(modem security)

Airtel not yet in my sector

I am a resident of Chandigarh

So please guide me is BSNL service good are they reliable????????/

yes ..

it is really stable and good..

only once that i had a bout of no service .. late in the night ... bt that was probably b coz of the updating thing ..

only upload speed might be low ..

dwnload ones are gr8

Go ahead..

well if you dont have airtel in your place, then bsnl is the next best. my friend is also planning to take up the 900 plan. like others have pointed out, you will get pretty decent d/l speeds. but dont expect the upload speed and pings to be good.

its pretty reliable though..

Which is best for online gaming, P2P and everything BSNL vs Iqara vs Sify. I currently have Iqara Unlimited 64kbps. My dad keeps on scolding me for using such a exp connection n advise me to take BSNL. So wht will be better.

^^ BSNL 900 U/L is pretty good.

Nervz has taken it and he's getting around 35kbps on HTTP, 30kbps on Torrents.

Haven't checked pings yet, but killeraim says they are pretty decent..

BSNL is pretty good IMO. they give stable speeds, the only downpoint, as someone pointed is the upload speeds, if yyou use torrents heavily it's not a good thing. I've been banned from severea torrent sites for not maintaining a good UL DL ratio..

I Use Kazaa frequently for DL songs, music videos, full movies, full games,etc. So is BSNL good for me. Currently I get DL speeds ranging from 12-20KBPS, once it got upto 60kbps for 20min @ 6pm. But i never got similar speed again.

^^if u get speeds between 12-20 KBPS in ur present 64kbps connection then its really good ..since actually u should be getting only 8KBPS in that connection.

anyways if 900 rs rental is okay for u then the BSNL U/L plan is the way to go.

Speeds are great and pings are good.

Pings aren't as low as Airtel South, but much better than how it is everywhere else (I get 60-70ms), and the awesome speeds more than make up for it.

I get around 36-37Kbps...on Limewire and p2p...

and arnd 40-42 on http.. really pleased with BSNL.. now need to change my plan to Ul...

I use Sify.. its good, cheap n true unlimited.. besides i get 30kbps + with a 256kbps line.. ya their pinging problem is very bad.. but these guys have improved.. no choice.. by the way wat is the best broadband available in today's date? everyone?

Back