CPU/Mobo Is buying a high-end motherboard worth it?

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
If anyone is looking for high end x670e motherboard, ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero ATX Motherboard, 18 + 2 Power Stages, PCIe® 5.0, DDR5 Support, Five M.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Front-Panel Connector with Quick Charge 4+, USB4®, Wi-Fi 6E https://amzn.eu/d/6uej5Sw is at 52k

The price is on lower than US and is matching at one tier lower motherboard Strix E-E model
in this you could build an entire system bhai. 77k now for the Motherboard.

itne main to pura system bann jaata hain bhai . 77k now for the Motherboard.

X670 platform is expensive due to double chiplets. It wont come down for next 1yr atleast. I got this one for 52k. Not at all worth for 77k.

My reasons
1. Thunderbolt/USB 4 must for me
2. Atleast 3 nvme M2 Gen 4 slots
3. AMD AM5 Platform

To be honest, ProArt and this one are the only ones with Thunderbolt support out of the box.

Purchasing thunderbolt controller (as an add on to any other motherboard) is going to cost 150$ itself.

My reasons
3. AMD AM5 Platform
It makes 0 sense to buy this as a normal consumer even for 52K. If you need such features for your work/business which makes you money and can give ROI on this then sure go for it. Otherwise it's just a pure waste of resources including the money spent.

It makes 0 sense to buy this as a normal consumer even for 52K. If you need such features for your work/business which makes you money and can give ROI on this then sure go for it. Otherwise it's just a pure waste of resources including the money spent.

Not get into debate. Why it wouldnt make sense. I earn more than enough to buy it and I legitimately use it for my workstation purpose. Why everyone assumes its for gaming/content creation only. There are so many use-cases beyond that

Just sharing for broad info:

1. High speed Gen 4 support for my heavy data volume. Currently using x570 Ace with 3 Gen 3 drives and bottlenecked with IO

2. Thunderbolt support for daisy chaining the displays and attaching external storages to move data at high speed.

Same here.

X670 platform is expensive due to double chiplets. It wont come down for next 1yr atleast. I got this one for 52k. Not at all worth for 77k.

My reasons
3. AMD AM5 Platform

To be honest, ProArt and this one are the only ones with Thunderbolt support out of the box.

Purchasing thunderbolt controller (as an add on to any other motherboard) is going to cost 150$ itself.
Whatever rocks your boat man. You upgrade every 2 years and got this juggernaut, you must (I hope) really be using the hardware to make good moolah :)

If anyone is looking for high end x670e motherboard, ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero ATX Motherboard, 18 + 2 Power Stages, PCIe® 5.0, DDR5 Support, Five M.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Front-Panel Connector with Quick Charge 4+, USB4®, Wi-Fi 6E https://amzn.eu/d/6uej5Sw is at 52k

The price is on lower than US and is matching at one tier lower motherboard Strix E-E model
You went overkill on future proofing with the 5s on this board : PCI5 DDR5 AM5 and 5ghz+ OC! Congrats :)

Back