Is Htc HD2 worth it...?...NOW....???

i have been using SE P990i for past 3 years and in the past few months the phone has given me a lot of stability issues and it finally died a few days back.
so, iv been meaning to buy a new phone and hence Since past few months iv been OBSESSED with the HTC HD2,
I have seen plethora of youtube videos, have been following threads at xda developers.
I was absolutely sure that i was going to buy this device as soon as i have the money in hand.

NEWSFLASH..
HD2 not getting wp7 update\HD2 problems\dell streak

I can withstand the 1st and the last issue i.e hd2 not getting an update and the introduction of dell streak..
But hd2 has been quite notorious with its BIG issues and stability.
I dont mind wp6.5 ..infact i like the way u can add custom roms and stuff..
But stability is an issue for me.
I dont want to spend 30k on a device which cannot do what it is meant to do.
Also, if i buy the device, i would be using it for atlesat 2-3 years.

Now the dilemma is..
1. Whether to buy a htc hd2 NOW and see for yourself how it works out for u.

PS..No i dont want to buy samsung ,nokia n900, htc desire, GN1, sony xperia x10, or motorola.

2. To buy a substitute new\used\refurbished phone; use it for a few months and then buy a new device with an Android platform or a WP7.
Can be any device which keeps me busy for the few months and should cost around 15k..USED or NEW.

HD2 is missing front video chat camera and good native games (comparing to iPhone)

Other than these two ... everything is great :)

I suggest you to go for Android or iPhone ... if you need better entertaintment

For serious apps and phone features ... all r same only ... in my preference ... WM gives better API for custom and simple app development.

1. Dell Streak is not a phone (despite the fact that it can make calls). Its a compact Tablet/MID.

2. HTC HD2 is a phone but its quite large with its 4.3" screen. So make sure you are comfortable with the size before you get one.

i got hd2 and there has been no stability issues till now , running stock rom which it came with . HTC sense is amazing and it doesnt feel like running on windows mobile . except from cam missing ( which is missing on many high end phones from HTC ) there is nothing bad about the phone .

so if u liked it buy it :D . i didnt even saw the phone in hand , just checked youtube videos etc and ordered it online , totally loving it :)

btw u wont get hd2 at < 20k used also .

I'd suggest you have a look at Samsung Galaxy (Android) or Samsung Wave (Bada) but it seems your against these devices.

I think 15k would fetch you a new Nokia X6 which will keep you busy for a few months. What my question is, what do you use your phone for ?

My budget is 30k for a new phone..The reason i am sceptical about the hd2 is that i want to use the phone for atleast 2-3 years and i dont know if the hd2 and wm6.5 would be able to support me uptil then since the developers would be moving towards other platforms and wm6.5 would be left stranded..

i am now considering apple iphone 4 once it is available at a cheaper rate in india and the signal issue is resolved or the htc desire..

the only reason being that these 2 phones might just be able to carry themselves off for atleast 2 years from now and wont look obsolete...

i use the phone for CALLS, a LOT of texts, usual listening to music, a lil for browsing the web... and applications, games..and a lot of videos..

i also want the ability to modify the phone to my likes and the support for many applications so that i dont get bored after some time..(in i-phone, a lot of apps make up for that modification)..i also thrive for EYE-candy..i want things to fly here and there on my phone..:p..

i am not a developer and i wont be doing heavy modding on my phone either..

and now when i have FINALLY decided to buy the HD2, i cant find the stock with any deaker in delhi..

Everyone is saying that the stock iznt coming from the company and you wont be able to find the phone all over india..

Anyone in delhi\ncr region who knows where i can buy the hd2 and what should be the best price for the same...???

@ htc hd2 owners..for how much did u buy it for and did u buy it with indian m\fr warranty...??

can anybody help me in locating HTC HD2 WITH BILL in delhi..??
i cant seem to find it anywhere..its out of stock..
htc people say that it will be in stock in august..but i cant wait that long..
dealers have a without bill handset selling for around 22k-25k..
In, the worst scenario, if i am not able to find a htc hd2 with bill , is it advisable to go with the without bill htc HD2..??

viditkalra said:
can anybody help me in locating HTC HD2 WITH BILL in delhi..??

i cant seem to find it anywhere..its out of stock..

htc people say that it will be in stock in august..but i cant wait that long..

dealers have a without bill handset selling for around 22k-25k..

In, the worst scenario, if i am not able to find a htc hd2 with bill , is it advisable to go with the without bill htc HD2..??

Refer this thread for more info on buying HD2 as there are 2 or more guys from delhi interested in buying this phone.Also you all can buy your HD2 together to get some discount:)

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/best-phone-for-max-25k-169898-4.html

HD2 is available for 25k with bill at Indraprastha here in 2 shops(Docomo offer phone). We purchased one new, one secondhand phone for 25k and 19k respectively( for my friend who started a mobile development company recently ). So you can find second hand HD2 below 20k if you are ok with piece that is showing slight signs of wear and tear.

About using Android on HD2. Its possible as long as you dont want to actually use it as a phone or PMP. Basically a sms gadget running android :p

Current build needs lots and lots of work to become really useful as a phone.

So you will be running WM on it. If you are fine with it, sure go ahead. Otherwise there are better options out there in same price range if you want Android phone.

Sorry For Off Topic post :-

@ shripad - Angry at Apple for using part of my name for iPad. Stealing buggers

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... I couldnt stop laughing reading this ... LoL Shripad !!! that'z amazinggggg LMAO :)) =))

@ viditkalra - My frnd has bought a used HD2 ( with bill and warranty ) almost 15 days used . @ 19k . in delhi itself .

As its with bill and warranty so no worries buying even a USED one as u can get it RMA'd in any issue persists .

There are many people , who buy HD2 in a rush , and then feel thats its too BIG for them to handle in daily life .

So , check out the market , u will find plenty of good deals :)

go for dell streak . its way better than hd2 . the biggest prob with hd2 is that it has no application support . dell streak is a great phone if u want to watch movies

. check out jon4lakers video on youtube reviewing the dell streak .

\

its not that big . ive used the hd2 it is a great phone but not a future proof phone anymore .. go for the iphone 4 if u have the money or get the dell streak ...

Back