Is Huawei UMG 1831 better than MTNL LW272 usb modem?

anuragingle

Disciple
Hi All,

Just had a query, is the huawei umg 1831 usb modem better than the mtnl lw272 modem? if better how?

I'm currently using the mtnl lw272 modem which i got from mtnl and i get speeds like 1-2 Mbps and 150-350 KBps in IDM

Should i upgrade to Huawei umg1831? what are the advantages?

Its better in terms of hardware.
It has max speed upto 21mbps.
I doubt mtnl will bump up their speed anytime in immediate future.
If you plan to use any other 3g operators like reliance 3g then you can think of buying the 1831 else if you are not having any problems with the mtnl modem dont bother. tnl modem dont bother.

only problem with the mtnl modem is that it disconnects randomly, sometimes it will disconnect 3-4 times in an hour, other times it will stay connected continuously for 15-20 hours

Not a problem with the modem i guess.
Try a 3g mobile to cross check if the problem gets rectified then think of buying a new one

It may be a network problem,better check if the same thing happens with a 3G phone instead of wasting money on a new modem.

I am used UMG 1831, it is excellent, only problem is Heating Issue, cannot be using with Laptop. Then I bought Asus Router, Used for 6 month without any problem with BSNL 3G Connection.

Note : for your case Only 3g router solves your problem, but Asus Router "Was Not Supported BSNL Locked Modem"

Back