Is IIPM Management Course Worth it?

Dont think so; Mostly ads n thats abt it; :lol:

Father-son created so much hype; some books authored; free laptops for the course; overseas study-trip n blah; :p

We spoke to several students who passed out from IIPM (Mumbai campus) in 2004 and 2005, and this is what we found:

1. Only around 50% (a liberal estimate) of the students got placed in companies through the college.

2. Most of the jobs that were offered to students were for marketing DSAs (Direct Selling Agents).

3. Not enough companies came to the campus to recruit, and those that came took on an average of 4-5 students.

4. A number of the students were hired by Planman Consulting, which is IIPM's consulting branch.

5. The students who did not get placed were left to fend for themselves. Swapneel, who passed out in 2004, says "Only around 30-40% of the class got placed. The remaining have to hunt for jobs on their own."

Have a friend studying there and while it is not all its hyped up to be, neither is it that bad. The *main* issue is the degree not being recognised. So you better hope you get placed on-campus, or else once you're out you would have a hard time getting a job.

The visiting faculty are people from the industry and some of them are really really good I believe! My friend was very impressed by them (and he's no slacker mind you).

The internal faculty though are really hopeless.

As far as i have seen, they take anybody and everybody.
Have interacted with ppl who have studied in that institute.. and they given me bad and horrible account of the college.
Better stay away.
tell her to even consider dropping an year and preparing .. or look for universities abroad.

stay away...steer clear,i have met many IIPM students at several fests,feedback from them is quiet negative from them.

You need to shell out lakhs of rs,in the end,you may get placed(mostly an entry level job),but question is how quickly you can get back your money?

Hmm. Im somewhat convinced about their coursecontent/quality of professors, but not about the placements/VFM factor etc.

Bottomline is - Are you good enough to get into the top 25-30 bschools of the country? If yes, forget about IIPM. If not, then its good enough.

About the degree - i did my masters/pgd from SPJIMR. Its not AICTE recognized either. So we should have trouble getting jobs right!? ;)

memories_dv said:
About the degree - i did my masters/pgd from SPJIMR. Its not AICTE recognized either. So we should have trouble getting jobs right!? ;)

SP Jain??? :)

[Thats a pretty decent unv]

And AICTE recognition has nothing to do with recruitments; yeah perhaps a factor of 1 or 2% may count, still;

The highly debated Sathyabhama College lost its AICTE norms recently; but students end up getting placements nevertheless; :)

Companies love to hire from B-schools where the best and brightest end up, and they dont bother much about anything else, as mentioned in above threads.

Also, do consider doing MBA in australia / UK / NZ. Approach a reputed educational consultant for getting more info about univs in these countries.

Me and greenie got an account from a guy who had done his MS in the NZ (ok. its not an MBA, but still, its a masters degree).

Job opportunities are okayish, but its a great place to live (remember the scenes from LOTR).

Incidentally, our friend who told us of his experiences was a hardcore LOTR fan, and was ridiculed for his choice of doing studies in NZ.

But he is happy and is driving around in his own car visiting all those beautiful places in middle earth during the weekends.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I guess its kinda relevant. :)

IIPM closely monitors teh interwebs for people posting the truth about their institution. I wouldnt be too surprised if a newbie suddenly showed up on this thread exalting the merits of IIPM....

Well what the iipm guys did after jam exposed them has shown to wht level they can go.....i dont know how they teach...but most important thing is they are notas recognised as shown,plus they take any one who shows money,and placement are mostly inhouse type....

greenhorn said:
IIPM closely monitors teh interwebs for people posting the truth about their institution. I wouldnt be too surprised if a newbie suddenly showed up on this thread exalting the merits of IIPM....
Crazy_Eddy said:
Have a friend studying there and while it is not all its hyped up to be, neither is it that bad. The *main* issue is the degree not being recognised. So you better hope you get placed on-campus, or else once you're out you would have a hard time getting a job.

The visiting faculty are people from the industry and some of them are really really good I believe! My friend was very impressed by them (and he's no slacker mind you).
The internal faculty though are really hopeless.

Newbie alert :rofl::rofl::rofl:
NOM :)

Back