CPU/Mobo Is Importing CPU from USA a good idea?

Guys,

I need some help from you guys that is importing a Q9450 or Q9550 from USA a good idea? Are there any other hiccups other than local guarantee? Can I get the CPU locally rma'ed if something goes wrong with the imported piece?

Guys,

I need some help from you guys that is importing a Q9450 or Q9550 from USA a good idea? Are there any other hiccups other than local guarantee? Can I get the CPU locally rma'ed if something goes wrong with the imported piece?

The Q9450/Q9550 wont have significant improvements from ur current processor if its a Q6800 [thats what ur siggy says!! :p]

Why dont u wait for the Nehalem release as its going to have significant improvements over the existing ones??? :)

For the query, Sidhu's right!!!

PS: Whats a Seagate Rapture?? :S Did u mean a WD Raptor??? :bleh:

The siggy has a error. Its Q6600, not Q6800. I never corrected it. Too lazy u c. :p But I am not changing the Q6600. I have two computers at home. I am updating another PC which has E6600. So is the change worth it?

And if it were being a QX6800, then even Q9550 wouldn't had a match for it. :)

stellarhopper said:
^siggy says q6800 not qx6800...
but do wait for nehalem if ur plannin for urself...

Corrected; :p

Justinâ„¢ said:
The siggy has a error. Its Q6600, not Q6800. I never corrected it. Too lazy u c. :p But I am not changing the Q6600. I have two computers at home. I am updating another PC which has E6600. So is the change worth it?

And if it were being a QX6800, then even Q9550 wouldn't had a match for it. :)

Well the upgrade from E6600 to a Q9550 will be worth it whatsoever be the requirements be; :)

Justinâ„¢ said:
Thanks for the fast advice guys :)

Corrected my Sig. ;)

Where can I check if the product I am buying has a global warranty? Or just go ahead and buy it?

Not sure about the global warranty thing but i was wondering why would you want to import a CPU from US?

The cost saving is just marginal (unless you get it on a deal in US) compared with the cons.

- Need to bring it boxed to keep it safe from damage
- If not ditching the cooler, adds weight to your luggage
- In any case, would be easier to replace a conked local chip(with bill) then explaining bought from US and need replacement.

All in all, unless you already have the CPU and was using it in US i would think its better to buy it in India. Just my 2 cents.

^ I think he's getting it through KMD. And yes the price is difference for the Q9550 is certainly enough to make you wanna import it.

Anish said:
^ I think he's getting it through KMD. And yes the price is difference for the Q9550 is certainly enough to make you wanna import it.

Ok, forgive me for my ignorance then. I was under the impression that most indian processor prices were kinda similar/near us prices.

Out of touch with the indian price market lately. :ashamed:

i got my Q9450 from phoenix today , overclocked to 3.6 easily and runs cooler than Q6600 even on my crappy cooler . if u want to overclock then buy Q9450 not Q9550 coz both have fsb wall at 460- 480 mhz and max overclock is same , only if u have a crappy board which cant reach high fsb with quad then u need Q9550 as it has 8.5 multi , otherwise get Q9550 locally FTW :p

Q9550 is taking place of Q9450 which will be discontinued by Intel come Q3 2008.

Q9650 will take price point of Q9550 and QX9650 will remain where it is now.

Basically Q9450 is getting a boot and rest of the models are pulled up by dropping the prices.

u can still get it locally , if phoenix is outta stock , ask amarbir , he quoted me little lesser price than phoenix , but i bought from phoenix coz he had good batch .
Justinâ„¢ said:
I wanted it locally in the first place. But Phoenix is outta stock. :(

Back