iOS Is iphone 5 at 28k worth?

xenaxance

Disciple
i'm planning to buy an iphone 5
but most of the olx sellers are selling there maintained iphone for something around 25k
i found this listing on ebay

Brand New! Apple iPhone 5 16GB-1 Year Seller Warranty

selling this for 28k

i have a hunch that this can be the refurbished piece
they are selling it for $449 which is approximately equivalent to 28k in INR
check this article

Apple's second secret eBay store launches with certified refurbished, unlocked GSM iPhone 5 models

what do think guys
should i go for it?
wanted to buy a 5s
price drop for iphone 5s is gonna take a long while

Its a seller warranty thats as same as no warranty. So not worth it. Amazon was selling 5s at 38K. So I wouldn't pay more than 30K for 5, with Indian warranty. If used, then may be 21-22K. Note that this is 5, not 5C.

I would rather say to hold on till couple of months, if you can. I feel this time, iPhone 6 will be released in India earlier than usual. From 3 months now you might be able to get 5S at that price - definitely used/refurbished. IMO, best time to get iPhone is in month of November December, when new phone have launched and initial prices fluctuation would have, somewhat, settled.

I would rather say to hold on till couple of months, if you can. I feel this time, iPhone 6 will be released in India earlier than usual. From 3 months now you might be able to get 5S at that price - definitely used/refurbished. IMO, best time to get iPhone is in month of November December, when new phone have launched and initial prices fluctuation would have, somewhat, settled.

cant wait that long but i also feel paying 28k for a discontinued phone is kinda naive:shifty:
as avi mentioned 21 - 22k for a used one.. it is the proper quote but cant find any iphone in that range

as avi mentioned 21 - 22k for a used one.. it is the proper quote but cant find any iphone in that range

You would be able find one at that price only after iPhone 6 launches. I had purchased my iPhone 4 in December 2012 for around 20k; after iPhone 5 had launched. Last year also I had marked that at 20k range, in December, iPhone 4S was available. At same time last year iPhone 5 was in range of 25-27k.

Just my observations !!

umm.. i'm still confused
what should i do
buy i5 tomorrow OR wait for a month hoping prices will slash and then get i5 OR wait till dec, by then hope i5s comes in my range

Go for it... iPhone 5 is good for those who want to explore IOS..!
sorry, i missed your post
till date i've operated symbian, bada, android gingerbread onwards, BBOS, windows
and now finally iOS:D
my only experience with apple is i owned a 3rd gen nano and 2 shuffles, liked them for their simple UI

If you are able to spent 25-27k, you should get 5S in December - IMO.
hehe.. i ordered it:shy:

Iphone 6 and iphone air two models coming
Price of 4.7 will be 44500
Price of 5.5 still to confirm
The secret news source will be revealed after the launch..

i'm planning to buy an iphone 5
but most of the olx sellers are selling there maintained iphone for something around 25k
i found this listing on ebay

selling this for 28k

i have a hunch that this can be the refurbished piece
they are selling it for $449 which is approximately equivalent to 28k in INR
check this article

Apple's second secret eBay store launches with certified refurbished, unlocked GSM iPhone 5 models

what do think guys
should i go for it?
wanted to buy a 5s
price drop for iphone 5s is gonna take a long while

I won't suggest you to go with iPhone 5!
It's battery life is very very poor!
I have to charge it thrice in 2 days!
After some days the battery condition starts decaying!
I would suggest you to go with 5c!

^which one? and for how much
for 28k
Buying an iPhone during this time of the year is stupidity. Wait for a month or so.
yes i know its stupidity..
but in a month nothing will be that different, its india..
Iphone 6 and iphone air two models coming
Price of 4.7 will be 44500
Price of 5.5 still to confirm
The secret news source will be revealed after the launch..
not interested in iphone 6
didn't like its design
thanks for the update though:)

Back