Is it advisable to go for TP LINK 941ND ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Certain users have given positive comment about this product and infact they highly recommend it. Even in techenclave a member has done so. But in some websites i heard that it drops connections frequently and the life of a tplink device is only 3 years (which is the duration of warranty) and it is very hard to find one which lives longer than that. I am not very concerned about this short life span but it should work flawleslly atleast during its warranty period and i should not be running to the dealer frequently to get it replaced (though they assure a new replacement would be given).

I am having a beetel 450TC1 and want to bridge it with the 941ND. Is there any such issues as aforesaid ?. I read that its very difficult to get an excellent router like this at this price point, but dont know whether the poster has personal experience with this router or not..

So finally is it advisable to buy ?. Since it comes with 3 detachable 5dbi antennas i think the signal must be good enough for 2 floors, though my requirement is only for a single floor, with two walls inbetween having glass windows...

So please advice. I am ready to shell upto 5k for a wifi router or adsl wifi router, but it should work excellent...

thanx in advance

@ metalspree- he never praises it as you say and moreover he has gone for a 1043ND and not 941ND. The 1043ND is stated to freeze atleast once a month and it is very annoying given that the router will get its place only in the other room. So i have to think twice before opting for it. Guys do you have any idea about the netgear dgn1000 or dgn2200 (which features dual antenna) ?. I am not inclined to go for dlink because i read someone say it has horrible wifi signal issues.

If i can get an adsl 300mb/s router with support for CLI telnet (where i can restart router through telnet command interface) and good file transfer atleast 7- 10 MB/s i will be much satisfied

Any ideas ??

As I told you in the PM, I never had WiFi signal issue with my D-Link router at least. I loved my DIR-655 and it gave me a good run for 3.5 years.

As for 1043ND, I have not read or seen anyone else having the hang-up issue. It does so very rarely and the last time I had the freezing issue was almost 35-36 days ago (yeah, I keep score). It could be a software issue and might be fixed in next firmware, but that's just me being optimistic. Long story short, for 3.4k you can't go wrong with this router. Of-course, if you're going to install this router in the "other" room where you can't physically access it to restart in-case of freezing then I would advice to look for other options.

As for CLi Telnet, if you need it just for restarting the router, then you can do so by router's web interface as well. Remember, regardless of the router, if it's frozen or hung, you can't access telnet as well, and you're not gonna get the upwards of 10mbps speed over WiFi unless both client and router supports MIMO over dual antennae (300mbps spec, dual antenane/two-channel bonding for client as well),

Also may i know what adsl device you are using with this router ?.

I am using beetel 450tc1 and hope there isnt any compatibility issues with any brand...

I'm using two connections with this router and I switch as per requirement or the downtime on either of the connection. One of the connection is MTNL triband and I'm using D-Link GLB-502T ADSL modem for this connection.

^ Even i am using the above router and it does its job well. But have you tried keeping the router running for 24/7 throughout the 2 month period (except outages which reguarly happens nowadays).

A router which can withstand a running period for about a month continiously without freezing is IMO an excellent router....

If u can afford the Dlink DIR 655 get it .No router can come close to it been using it from past 2 months not even a single drop in connection , no freezing .It has excellent range and all the bells and whistles you want

I am using tp link 1043nd from about 4 months now - it has been working flawlessly. Its true it does hang up once in a while but thats okay. The performance is good and moreover there is no router available for under 3.5k which has gigabit ports and usb - imho its vfm!

Back