Is it Good to buy a Mobile phone from Dubai : Need Advice

The prices in Dubai are now either the same or more than India. Not many things left which are cheaper. Gone are the days when Dubai used to be cheaper than India.

If by chance you are looking for an iphone 4, you won't get it. Its out of stock indefinitely.

BTW is there any difference between the quality of the handsets sold in Dubai and in India ?. Because i heard that handsets sold in some countries have a good quality and long life....

yeah the mobile phone prices are almost same in india and dubai...my frnd had gone to dubai last week and he din find much of price diff .'

buy gold in dubai......thats the best investment :D :D

I bought my phone from there. Prices are a tad cheaper, when you head to the right place (Al Fahidi street).

Unfortunately, very few handsets come with International Warranty.

So if something should happen, you'll be paying for it back home!

BTW is there any difference between the quality of the handsets sold in Dubai and in India ?

Take for instance, Nokia. They manufacture their handsets in various countries, but I was lucky enough to get a "Made in Finland" handset. That's the best quality there is. :)

So yes, there are good chances of landing a better quality handset.

Oh and have a great trip! Dune bashing and belly dancing are something you shouldn't miss out on. :p

They are cheaper. My friend bought a Studio 15 from Dubai was about 10-20k IIRC. But it was because he was studying there so needed warranty in UAE.

I would suggest you buy a laptop where you can get warranty in India. People say you can get your warranty in Dell re-tagged to India and get warranty here. So either go for that or a laptop with international warranty if it is cheaper than the Indian price.

mjumrani said:
They are cheaper. My friend bought a Studio 15 from Dubai was about 10-20k IIRC. But it was because he was studying there so needed warranty in UAE.

I would suggest you buy a laptop where you can get warranty in India. People say you can get your warranty in Dell re-tagged to India and get warranty here. So either go for that or a laptop with international warranty if it is cheaper than the Indian price.
what does he want to buy, mobile phone or a laptop ???

my friend got a nokia communicator @20k 1.5 years back back then the retail price was 32k. he did save a lot of money plus his brother was stationed there

but there was no indian warranty.

A decent beach. Burj and the Burj Arab. Atlantis hotel. Awesome roads. Hotels. Commerce. Mall of emirates. Dubai Mall. Cheap cars. Cheap fuel. Cheap gold. Cheap perfumes.

But Dubai is bankrupt compared to the other emirates. Especially when compared to Abu Dhabi, who's sheikh is rich as hell.

Back