is it just me or TOI is gone soft?

salluks

Adept
i dunno if u guys noticed but the paper is worse than softpron magazines, :mad:
read any column, like times international or medical section( every article somehow relates to sex)
or sports sections where wags or other sports women are always nude
or worse the bangalore times paper -i think the editor is obsessed with kareena kapoor, today was the 5 time she was featured in the paper this week!!!

can u guys suggest any other paper!! am tired of TOI.

i tried THE HINDU, its like reading some history book!

ill write a mail to TOI about this, h**ny people!!!:tongue:

sex sells. first rule of marketing. stick to the internet for real news. read toi when you're on the pot and have nothing better to do ;)

Stopped reading the Times of India a couple of years back when they turned shite. If you want an actual newspaper, check out the Indian Express. Although I quite like the Hindu too.

TOI?? is it the same thing which comes with Bombay Times? :bleh:

Anyway, I hardly read papers these days, except for only one thing that's readable in any paper... (hold your breath)... it's.... The Cartoon Strips. hahaha.

Forget news-papers, even the TV news channels are full of shitty programming and idiotic shows... Internet news is currently the last resort, frankly speaking... even it's not upto the mark. Have you checked articles on Rediff, Indiatimes or any of these news portals?? Though, compared to Newspapers and News Channels, it's what we generally call "a lesser evil". :)

If you were in Mumbai I would have recommended Mumbai Mirror. It isn't exactly hard hitting but still better than TOI.

I prefer TOI instead of DNA.

Indian Express is good.

iGo said:
Anyway, I hardly read papers these days, except for only one thing that's readable in any paper... (hold your breath)... it's.... The Cartoon Strips. hahaha.
i totally agree. the only thing i ever read these days is the comics, especially garfield in bombay times. wish we had the HT in our house as well, calvin and hobbes rocks. :D

G@d of w@r said:
How is DNA? also someone send this link to TOI.. it sucks too.. specially the mumbai mirror sucks now a days
now a days? lol mumbai mirror was shitty from the moment it released.

The Hindu was always better.

Its stuffed with news and u cant actually read all that in a day.

I used to get it when i was in Mangalore.

But we dont get the Hindu in Mumbai i Guess.

Actually the non business news on most business papers are way better then the shit TOI, DNA and the likes publish.....

I would suggest a subscription of the economist very crisp business/political news around the world. Give it a try and you will notice, you are so unaware of the issues across the globe, and shiney banging his maid is not the biggest news...

its mostly local news with international issues on inner pages.

Well, thats what most people prefer these days to be honest. Not many give a damn about international political news or how obama has suddenly shifted his policies in US :p ( and to top it off, i get Mumbai mirror free. Its mostly junk except 5 pages of sports + science )

Economist is good and even Hindustan times is better in terms of quality of news. But TOI is still the most sold paper here. Its not that bad to be honest, some people will like its content, some wont.

The Hindu. Period.

Honestly, read it at least like medicine, it will do you a world of good :p

Apart from their bias in some areas, is among the most neutral papers you'll get. Its quality is also falling gradually, but still far better compared to the crap you get as other newspapers :)

Back