Is it possible to buy dell laptop from dell singapore?

I'm looking for dell vostro 3450, its not launched in india, and when it'l b launched it will be very costly !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So no possibilities of getting it couriered after paying, taxes duties or whatever is required..??

ankitalmighty said:
I'm looking for dell vostro 3450, its not launched in india, and when it'l b launched it will be very costly !!

So no possibilities of getting it couriered after paying, taxes duties or whatever is required..??
They will deliver in singapore only, with GST - you can claim refund of GST if you take it out of Singapore

Normally for sub 50,000 lappies this excercise is not worth it. For high end lappies, the cost of a holiday + lappy is cheaper then buying it here.

too bad, i think dell india is overcharging compared to the prices in other countries !! and there are less options available !

I think it kills my option of vostro, please suggest me a 14" laptop with a good gpu ( not 5470, 6470 from ati), there are some options like acer timeline 4820tg and asus k42ja, i dont know much about there build quality, they are coming with previous generation of processors. Budget is around 40000.

Ankit, what prices did you get for the 4820TG and Asys K42JA ???? Acer and Asus are both good brands (good not great) After sales won't be anywhere near as good as Dell, Asus especially.

But Asus is slightly higher quality than Acer.

As for other alternatives, I could not find any option within 40k. You would have to stretch your budget a bit for more options. It would of course be great if you can wait a little longer for sandy bridge models to launch at the price point.

Anyways, you can get the Dell Inspiron 14R with Core i5 480M + AMD 5650 1 GB for 44k.

ankitalmighty said:
too bad, i think dell india is overcharging compared to the prices in other countries !! and there are less options available !

I think it kills my option of vostro, please suggest me a 14" laptop with a good gpu ( not 5470, 6470 from ati), there are some options like acer timeline 4820tg and asus k42ja, i dont know much about there build quality, they are coming with previous generation of processors. Budget is around 40000.

They are not over charging, its just our tax structure here. They can do nothing about it. In fact for a business laptop, (non inspiron models) you can negotiate upto 25-35 % - I am not sure you would be able to do that there.

If you see, almost ALL electronics are more expensive in India then else where in the world, some do have price gouging, but not all.

I'm getting acer 4820tg (i5 480m, 3gb ram, 1gb 5650, 500gb hdd) @ 39000, Asus with (i3, 2gb ram, 500gb hdd, 2gb 5730) for 37000. Iv heard about weak keyboard n overall construction, so i dont know what to do, secondly i think they are going to be replaced soon by the sandybridge models and they will be at a higher price point.

Im already having a dell studio 15, well its not having the best of the quality, overall its sturdy but same cant be said for the components, its battery was gone in 1 year, dvd rom isnt working despite not using it much, so i dont want any model from dell unless it is from any business series. I was attracted to dell vostro 3450, it was around 35000 in singapore, equivalent model should be priced around 56-57000 here in india, so i dont know how much bargaining can be done to bring the price down to reasonable level. i went to nehru place to ask for vostro models n according to person at dell shop, vostro models are not available of the shelf..so no idea where to bargain !!

True. You won't get such specs for 35k in India. Sony Vaio CA is exact same config as the Vostro 3450 you were looking at for 52k. i5 2410, 4GB Ram, AMD 6630M GPU.

I wish there was some possibility that dell could courier the laptop to india, or atleast they didnt price the laptops here so much that they become out of reach !

smalltiger_s said:
also prices in Singapore are almost the same as in India. will not make much of a difference!

No, prices are way less as per there website..on an average models in india are atleast 5-8k more expensive !!

ankitalmighty said:
No, prices are way less as per there website..on an average models in india are atleast 5-8k more expensive !!

Oh wow - 5-8k more - Damn, that is a lot Think that could be something to do with our high tax structure ?

Btw what percentage of the total is this 5-8k ?

I am giving that approximate average figure after looking at few laptops from acer and dell on there singapore websites, for eg dell vostro 3450 will cost around 38k there, but going by pricing of vostro 3400 in india, same model will cost around 54k here.

Back