Graphic Cards Is it possible to get the fan of a GPU replaced?

m47r1m

Adept
Hey guys
So my PC wasnt getting a display. And while I was trying to trouble shoot the problem the fan of my GPU got caught in a wire and 3 of the fan wings broke off leaving only 3 on the fan itself. The GPU is an MSI Nvidia 250 GTS.

Now since I wasnt getting a display there is a good chance that the GPU might be faulty and since its only 6 months old its covered by warranty. But since the fan broke I doubt they would honor the warranty. Is it possible to get the fan replaced by another similar fan? In Nehru place Delhi specifically? If not do I have any other options??

Lastly the fan has MSI painted on it so will that be a problem??

Take it to msi along with with the bill/proof of purchase - you will be charged for the fan. the pcb of the graphics card will be replaced if its faulty. tell them how the fan broke. replacement fans are easy to find and should cost you anywhere between Rs.100-200. I saw some in Amarbir's Lynx India website.

If you stay in Mumbai go to Lamington Road and under the fly over by grant road station you'll find loads of vendors selling 40mm - 60mm fans for as low as 10 bucks.

Back