Is it right time to get a new PC???

priyam1309

Disciple
Guys,

I am about to get a new Gaming PC for around 70K and was wondering if this is the right time to get it considering the inflated Rs - $ value and Flood in South East Asia etc?

Or should I wait for maybe Dec or Jan '12?

BTW The Rig I'm Planning to get is -

I5 2500K||GA-Z68X-UD3H-G3||G.Skill Ripjaw CL9 8GB||Seagate 1TB 7200.12||CM Elite 431 Plus||Seasonic SII 750W||MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr III OC 2GB||Logitech G110||Razer Death Adder Dragon Age II:D

Its better if you wait. :) Some new generation GPU's are expected be out till Jan2012.. Prices will settle by that time

Looking at your rig, you should definitely wait until Ivy bridge comes out, no need to spend money now.

My plans too have been put - ON HOLD [budget was of 40-50K]. Thanks to the loot that all are involved in by inflating the prices of hdd's and sundry stuff.

When is Ivy Bridge coming and also I heard the AMD's 7000 Series is on the way as well.

Also I think Ivy Bridge will support PCI 3.0 but MSI and Gigabyte released their mobos which are PCI 3.0 compatible, so what's the difference?

My personal opinion-

No, since AMD is about to launch its 7000 series of GPUs soon. And especially considering the fluctuation in $ and high price raise of HDDs. A single WD Black 1 TB costs 204 $ but that doesn't really matter if you aren't on a tight budget

priyam1309 said:
Guys,

I am about to get a new Gaming PC for around 70K and was wondering if this is the right time to get it considering the inflated Rs - $ value and Flood in South East Asia etc?

Or should I wait for maybe Dec or Jan '12?

BTW My rig is -

I5 2500K||GA-Z68X-UD3H-G3||G.Skill Ripjaw CL9 8GB||Seagate 1TB 7200.12||CM Elite 431 Plus||Seasonic SII 750W||MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr III OC 2GB||Logitech G110||Razer Death Adder Dragon Age II:D

Dude, most people upgrade their rigs to come to your rigs' level :p

The only upgrade I can think of is using spray paint and changing your cabinets colour

Answer to your question: NO

There is nothing you can upgrade to either as of now. Unless you want SSDs.

OCZ vertex 3 Max IOPS drives

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

There is no need for you to go for upgrade.... Put 70k in bank earn good intrest after a year or so go for upgrade....

When did you purchased you current config and what made you think about the upgrade...

Your current rig is enough for your gaming requirements

Wait for the new 7xxx series gpu's from ATI - rest everything is enough

I still use c2d and inbuilt GPU and its enough - though i dont play high end games :)

Your siggy doesnt mention about your monitor - if you dont have a decent one - why not think about that ?

Also if you are interested in modding and all buy yourself a new big cabinet :)

OT - My 800th post :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: :clap::clap:

boogeyman said:
Dude, most people upgrade their rigs to come to your rigs' level :p

Boogeyman,

You got it wrong dude, That's the config I am going to get. My current laptop (HP) died due to Mobo issues and repairing it would cost me 25K minimium so discarded that and the laptops as a whole!!!:D

You should have mentioned it in your main post... You have written MY RIG IS.... :S

Except for the HDD the rest can be bought. But that cannot be the case...1tb HDD prices have increased by almost 3K.. "Wait" is all that I can suggest you atm..

Sorry for the Confusion guys,

Edited the Post!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok, Now when everything is clear!

Could anyone tell me the difference in - "I5 2500K (Sandy Bridge) + PCI 3.0 Mobo" and "Ivy Bridge Processor + PCI 3.0 Mobo"

Ivy bridge is not released yet... In whats terms do you want to know the difference??

Only thing I know is that IVY's going to be a 22nm technology whereas SB is 32nm

IVY's Power consumption will be less than SB's

Ivy Bridge processors will be backwards-compatible with the Sandy Bridge platform

Back