Other Is it sensible to daily a Graphene OS device in India?

Totally disagree. If you flash the rom right then no issues passing validations.
But the moment you install magisk, its all gone and even if doing a clean magisk uninstallation the rom can get bricked aka partial rooting persists to which the only solution is to flash stock rom and start from zero!
LineageOS will never let you pass validations without root. https://lineageos.org/Safetynet/
Safety net fails validation with an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery, forget about root. Even if you don't enable root, custom roms don't pass validation.
Depends on the ROM. Many ROMs pass validation by default, some don't.

I have installed lineage 20 on my mother's phone along with magisk.
It passes safetynet along with google play certified thing.
DO NOTE  that safetynet is deprecated these days and google play certification is used instead.

Attachments

• IMG-20230722-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230722-WA0001.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG-20230722-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230722-WA0002.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20230722-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230722-WA0003.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I have installed lineage 20 on my mother's phone along with magisk.
It passes safetynet along with google play certified thing.
DO NOTE  that safetynet is deprecated these days and google play certification is used instead.
UPDATE - there is a new magisk module that not only passes your safety net but passes it with "hardware based" profile along with all the google play certification.
So everything is gonna work without any issues.

Attachments

• IMG-20230725-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230725-WA0001.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG-20230725-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230725-WA0000.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 67
UPDATE - there is a new magisk module that not only passes your safety net but passes it with "hardware based" profile along with all the google play certification.
So everything is gonna work without any issues.
Magisk doesn't work foolproof across roams and devices. ITs luck by chance thing now.
Take 5 identical devices and flash same rom, magisk and same modules, 100% not every device will pass safetynet check.

Magisk doesn't work foolproof across roams and devices. ITs luck by chance thing now.
Take 5 identical devices and flash same rom, magisk and same modules, 100% not every device will pass safetynet check.
It has worked on all my devices till now.
I would recommend installing it after a data wipe if it doesnt work for some reason.

Well, my OP 8pro got stolen. No other choice but to buy a new phone now.
How good are the chances of the iPhone 15pro releasing with a C type port?

Back