Budget Above 40k Is it the right time to buy iPhone 11…?

Apparently Amazon will sell the iPhone 11 (64GB) for 49,999 during the Great Indian Sale - Whoever was waiting for a discount should prolly get it now. :)

I don't see the 12 pricing for anything less than 65-68k for the base variant when launched. Which means that the 11 can still sell at 55-60k (depending on offers etc.) and not cannibalize the iPhone 12 sales once it becomes available. Plus its a very potent phone and at 50k, I think its excellent value for an iPhone (hopefully Android user's don't pounce on me!).

If it's 49,999 then it is not even a sale. It's a one year old phone for god's sake, last year the Xr was sold at 39,999 excluding the bank offer.

It should be mid or low 40s to be considered a good deal in addition to the bank discount. XR was launched at 76,900 while the 11 at 64,900, so there is quite some scope to reduce the price further despite the supply chain issues affecting the price, especially considering that they will be selling the Made in India ones with 20% duty exemption.

Also, Apple India is directly selling the 11 with the Airpods for 54,990 from Oct 17, so there is scope for the price to go lower. After going through some articles, it seems the price will be the retail one at 68.3k with free Airpods. Guess some news outlets twisted the price by discounting the Airpods price.

Last edited:
Little off topic, recently bought an OnePlus 8 Pro, returned it for 11 pro max. Paid around 100 EUR extra, but it's totally worth it.
Both are overpriced, but at least the iPhone has MUCH better camera and fantastic battery life.
I'm 100 percent Android user and like it over iOS but overpriced shitty phones like OnePlus 8 Pro are simply not worth it ( it's no better than Xiaomi's flagship phones minus the MiUi mess)
If someone is buying an overpriced phone, IMHO Apple is the best option.

Little off topic, recently bought an OnePlus 8 Pro, returned it for 11 pro max. Paid around 100 EUR extra, but it's totally worth it.
Both are overpriced, but at least the iPhone has MUCH better camera and fantastic battery life.
I'm 100 percent Android user and like it over iOS but overpriced shitty phones like OnePlus 8 Pro are simply not worth it ( it's no better than Xiaomi's flagship phones minus the MiUi mess)
Yeah, I think OnePlus has really blown it with their recent phones. Their image processing is really crappy and there were so many situations where I would get colour banding in low light. They just cannot get the camera right and this goes for most Chinese OEMs. They just try to sell the phones on hardware specs which works great for cost-sensitive markets.

The S20 FE is a good bet if you want to spend that much on an Android phone. Samsung over-processes the images but it doesn't ruin them like OnePlus does. One UI might get some hate but it really has very nifty features and adds more value to the stock OS than OnePlus does with its tweaked interface, though the irony is that they are now copying One UI in every possible way.

One UI indeed offers a lot of practical functionalities and is getting better rapidly. Samsung's image processing is fantastic compared to OnePlus.
I don't have any of their flagships, but a lowly note 10 lite, and honestly it often produces better image than 8 Pro.
My mobile's camera usage is mostly restricted to taking photographs of handwritten pages and of textbooks. 8pro managed to mess up photographs of colourful kid's alphabet books!! And there is no consistency. Some photos will be really good, some disgusting.

OP8 Pro is overpriced in your neck of the woods. Here it costs around 600 euros and not 800. And here, the iPhone is overpriced. Today's price for a 64GB iPhone 11 Pro MAX after discount is 95000 on Amazon, which translates to around 1100 euros and this is just for the Silver model, all other colors are 8k more, while the OP8 Pro 128GB costs 52k after discounts which translates to 600 euros. So here it costs nearly double to upgrade to 11 Pro MAX from an OP8 Pro and not a 100 Euros.

Apparently Amazon will sell the iPhone 11 (64GB) for 49,999 during the Great Indian Sale - Whoever was waiting for a discount should prolly get it now. :)

I don't see the 12 pricing for anything less than 65-68k for the base variant when launched. Which means that the 11 can still sell at 55-60k (depending on offers etc.) and not cannibalize the iPhone 12 sales once it becomes available. Plus its a very potent phone and at 50k, I think its excellent value for an iPhone (hopefully Android user's don't pounce on me!).
And apple official store is selling them with AirPods at 61k

If it's 49,999 then it is not even a sale. It's a one year old phone for god's sake, last year the Xr was sold at 39,999 excluding the bank offer.

It's subjective. I think the 11 is tremendous value even at current price. So 50k to me seems like a good deal. Will 40k or 30k or 20k be even better? Hells yeah! Is it there yet? Um, sadly no! :p
Better to buy iphone 12 than 11 , all models will be oled this year . If its not then iphone 11
Btw 720p for 50k, Hell No for me

I know people who would say a cellphone for 50k (no matter what features!), Hell no! Again, subjective. :)

There will always be people (like me) who will love the smooth interface and ease of use and form factor and not focus on stuff like 720p screen. Just coz I am paying 50k does not mean I need it to have a certain number of things as a checklist. A Rolls-Royce Sweptail costs more than a base variant Cessna Citation but doesn't mean I can say 13 million and it can't fly, no Sweptail for me! Haha! :D

Last edited:
Nobody who is interested in the iPhone 11 is bothered about the LCD screen (in fact I prefer it over AMOLED) or even the resolution for that matter. I mean it's not even 720p. 1790x830 is 720p now? LMFAO. Anyway, it should have been 1080p, no two thoughts about that. But the point is considering that the iPhone 12 launch is imminent and last year Xr was sold at 36k (effectively after bank offer) the iP 11 this year if sells at 50k (excluding the bank offer) is not worth calling it a sale, let alone the biggest one of the year. Apple fanboys will pay anything obviously and will justify the price no matter what but who cares about them anyway.

I know people who would say a cellphone for 50k (no matter what features!), Hell no! Again, subjective. :)

Yep thats why I said "for me "

Spending 50k on a device that wont even play 1080p videos is not worth it for me since I mostly spend most of my time on phones .
Then again you get 6+ years of OS updates

In the end it really depends what you want
Security + Os updates + No adds = iphone

Will gladly buy iphone if they move towards USB C and Oled this year , that lightning port is POS

I was once a hardcore Android user (Nexus 1 to 5) before I moved over to iOS. In my experience using iPhones these past few years, I have seen that people who expect X and Y to be in an iPhone for them to buy it are almost always disappointed. Its almost as if Apple thinks "This is what you will get - take it or leave it!" and some people take it and others leave it.

I toggled from Android to iOS and back to Android. But OnePlus left such a sour taste in my mouth that I will go back to iOS. I have a Samsung tablet as a secondary device on which I can afford to do just about anything without privacy or malware concerns.

If the iPhone 12 Mini launches for 60k, there will be a bank discount for 10k at launch like is always the case. So, I would hold off for that instead of the 11. Only problem is that it may only be available in India way in to November. Hopefully India will receive some love with an official store now.

Last edited:
With 70k as the launch price of mini with availability in mid or late November, the 11 makes more sense now.
Hahahaha! Apple knows that too! But I like the mini - Serves my issue of not wanting large phones. And I really like the fact that they kept it exactly like the 12 internally. Will be a worthy upgrade for my iPhone 7. Of course, I will only upgrade in Jan/Feb when any initial adopter niggles have been spotted and corrected! :p

Back