Budget Above 40k Is it the right time to buy iPhone 11…?

Current offer on iPhone 11 which reduced the price of the phone from 68.5k to 62k is to clear up the stocks before the new model launches I doubt they will further reduce it if in case they do it will not be less then 60k

So it's Upto u to decide if you want to buy 11 or wait for 12 to launch.

I am getting it for around 62000 for a 64 GB. Should I go for it? Or wait two months for iphone 12, so that iphone 11 has some price cut.

Absolutely not the right time. First of all, you would have been able to get it for well under 60K during prime day sale. Now since that chance is gone, wait for the iPhone 12 announcement. Even after that you could still go for the 11 as its price will be reduced
There is a chance apple may completely stop selling the 11 but XR may still be available. They have done this before. Like selling watch Series 3 and 5 but 4 is gone.

Great responses guys. I think most of my dilemma is cleared up. I SHOULD WAIT.

Absolutely not the right time. First of all, you would have been able to get it for well under 60K during prime day sale. Now since that chance is gone, wait for the iPhone 12 announcement. Even after that you could still go for the 11 as its price will be reduced
There is a chance apple may completely stop selling the 11 but XR may still be available. They have done this before. Like selling watch Series 3 and 5 but 4 is gone.
I tried a lot to check if it ever dropped below 60K during the prime sale or Flipkart sale, but couldn't find anywhere. I was able to get it least for 66K something using prime and those cards. But these days its on 5K OFF straightway.

That kind of even allegedly not possible..
It is possible for those Apple processors. They have done it in past too e.g. A10 Also this time they are moving to 5nm lithography from 7nm.
Even I think it might be possible. Moving to a newer architecture and also as Apple is about to announce its new Macbooks with their own proccy, they must be working on this new possibility for a very long time. It's about the right time to show the world that they can do it for phones and they can do it for PC's. I know there a huge difference between both segments but showing incredibly better performance and power management for homegrown processors would build up mindset of people to trust on Apple and leave intel.

Definitely should wait. I think the iPhone 11 won't get discounted much because then they would need to manage the prices of iphone SE and iphone xr both. Iphone xr won't be sold below SE and SE can't be discounted since it was recently released. So most likely iphone 11 would head out and iphone 12 would replace it. However, keep one thing in mind, the iPhone 12 that will replace the 11 price wise, will have a much smaller display 5.4 inch. The 6.1 inch lcd iphone 12 version should be at least 8-10 k more expensive.

If you are not okay with either a 5.4 inch display or a spending 100 usd more, get the 11 in the next Clearout sale mostly during BBD. As for the performance difference btw A14 and A13, only geekbench will notice it. Unless you want to play pubg at HDR-extreme there will be zero real life difference.

I have a XS and have zero plans to upgrade. It already does everything fast enough. If you want a perspective on the performance difference between A12 and A13, check out Speed Test G on youtube.

Not 40% improvement in any generation

Let me copy text from link

"The Apple A10 Fusion is a 64-bit ARM-based SoC designed by Apple that first appeared in the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, which were introduced on September 7, 2016.[85] The A10 is also featured in the 2018 iPad, 2019 iPad and 7th generation iPod Touch.[86] It has a new ARM big.LITTLE quad core design with two high performance cores, and two smaller highly efficient cores. It is 40% faster than the A9, with 50% faster graphics. It is manufactured by TSMC on their 16 nm FinFET process. "

Not 40% improvement in any generation
If I remember correctly, there was a 40 % jump in single core performance from A9 to A10. And an even bigger jump in multithreaded performance from A10 to A11. So, I wouldn't put a 40% jump beyond Apple when there are going to be massive efficiency improvements due to shift to 5nm process. Better thermal efficiency means they can push the performance more. How much of a real world difference makes is debatable though.

Definitely should wait. I think the iPhone 11 won't get discounted much because then they would need to manage the prices of iphone SE and iphone xr both. Iphone xr won't be sold below SE and SE can't be discounted since it was recently released. So most likely iphone 11 would head out and iphone 12 would replace it. However, keep one thing in mind, the iPhone 12 that will replace the 11 price wise, will have a much smaller display 5.4 inch. The 6.1 inch lcd iphone 12 version should be at least 8-10 k more expensive.

If you are not okay with either a 5.4 inch display or a spending 100 usd more, get the 11 in the next Clearout sale mostly during BBD. As for the performance difference btw A14 and A13, only geekbench will notice it. Unless you want to play pubg at HDR-extreme there will be zero real life difference.

I have a XS and have zero plans to upgrade. It already does everything fast enough. If you want a perspective on the performance difference between A12 and A13, check out Speed Test G on youtube.
I too think that real life performance won't be too much of a difference.
Software optimization is so immaculate that I doubt there would be a problem for another three years down the line.
It ain't android which sell on specs and numbers.

Gaming isn't a requirement at all. Do you think iphone 11 would be off the shelves and XR would continue. Like it happened with XS or others

I too think that real life performance won't be too much of a difference.
Software optimization is so immaculate that I doubt there would be a problem for another three years down the line.
It ain't android which sell on specs and numbers.

Gaming isn't a requirement at all. Do you think iphone 11 would be off the shelves and XR would continue. Like it happened with XS or others
Lets look at a few things
1. Apple doesn't discount phones middle of the cycle. Happened only once with xr when they had gotten too greedy in the beginning and had to course correct.
2. Iphone se likely won't get discounted much since it released recently. It is currently at 38k.
3. So if the new iPhone 12 5.4 debuts at 63k.. They will need to accommodate xr and 11 between 38k and 63k. 50k is the only price point in this range. Or it will create confusion if they accommodate both. Xr won't be dropped further becuase then it almost overlaps with se. 11 won't replace xr because then too little gap would exist between essentially just a form factor difference between SE and 11.

Only two options available - a) Either 11 goes out or b) 11 stays at the current price alongside the iphone 12 5.4..users will have a choice for either a larger screen or a newer chip...
Option B is unlikely as Apple knows 80% folks in India won't care for a faster 5g chip.

Since apple likes to keep it simple, my guess is 11 goes out just like X went out.

I tried a lot to check if it ever dropped below 60K during the prime sale or Flipkart sale, but couldn't find anywhere. I was able to get it least for 66K something using prime and those cards. But these days its on 5K OFF straightway.

Here is desidime thread from prime day..

Bro, remember one thing when buying any tech product, do not wait for product which is not released yet. If you have money and need of iPhone now, buy whatever best available. Don't play the waiting game as its unending process.
In case of iPhone 12, yes it is going to be best in term of performance than any other iPhone of current gen, but Apple tune their software so well that you will hardly notice any difference on iPhone 11 in day to day use unless you are editing videos on your phone or perform heavy duly tasks. eg. compare XR with 11 and you will see the results, hardly any difference in performance. Yes, 11 is feature rich than XR like ultrawide and nightmode, but how many ultrawide/nightshots have you taken in your lifetime??? hardly any, i think. Same thing will happen when you compare 11 with 12 and 12 with 13.
Anyways, good luck with your phone purchase.

Bro, remember one thing when buying any tech product, do not wait for product which is not released yet. If you have money and need of iPhone now, buy whatever best available. Don't play the waiting game as its unending process.
In case of iPhone 12, yes it is going to be best in term of performance than any other iPhone of current gen, but Apple tune their software so well that you will hardly notice any difference on iPhone 11 in day to day use unless you are editing videos on your phone or perform heavy duly tasks. eg. compare XR with 11 and you will see the results, hardly any difference in performance. Yes, 11 is feature rich than XR like ultrawide and nightmode, but how many ultrawide/nightshots have you taken in your lifetime??? hardly any, i think. Same thing will happen when you compare 11 with 12 and 12 with 13.
Anyways, good luck with your phone purchase.
Couldn't agree more. Too apt. Apple is so good in optimization and supporting phones for years to come.
I am simple user, streaming music, Netflix or heavy calling.
Yes I take a lot of photos, but ultra-wide, I haven't taken even 3-4 during year.

Couldn't agree more. Too apt. Apple is so good in optimization and supporting phones for years to come.
I am simple user, streaming music, Netflix or heavy calling.
Yes I take a lot of photos, but ultra-wide, I haven't taken even 3-4 during year.

iPhone 6S user here who is using his phone since October 2015. I had plans of buying the 12 this year. I had almost made up my mind. But when I check my usage, I realize I don't actually need a new phone and my phone with latest iOS (14) works absolutely fine. I don't find it slow but that is because I have nothing to compare to (except my wife's X which I rarely touch). With latest iOS, all apps work fine for me and I have shelved my plan to buy new iPhone this year. May be next year. Though I do plan to buy iPad 8th Gen (assuming it is launched this year).

I myself am intending to purchase the iP11 but no way at that ridiculous price. It did sell for 56k effectively though right, on the last FK or Amazon sale? Unless it comes around 40k they can go to hell. Just remember last year the Xr was sold at 39999 (excluding bank offer) on the amazon sale.

Back