Is it useful to delete all data/cookies when you exist browser ? (talking about DESKTOP)

Futureized

Skilled
Searched internet received various options both YES/NO..
Will apprecaite BEST answers for Indian from India.

thnkx.

Consider same question for mobiles to.

On a shared computer, yes, but I wouldn't log in on a shared computer anyway.

On your own machine, no. Cache and cookies exist for a reason, there's no benefit gained from clearing them every time. If you're facing website loading issues etc., then yes, clearing cache and cookies is a basic troubleshooting step that should be done.

Also, what's all this about "for Indian from India"? Your browser neither knows nor cares about your ethnicity or nationality.

I have Firefox set to clear cookies on browser close. One inconvenience is that I have to relogin to my accounts when a new browser session is started. Clearing cookies is beneficial only from a privacy perspective - some cookies remain indefinitely and are used to track behavior, so if you want to prevent sites from tracking you then you can set the browser to clear cookies. You can also use extensions like Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin for privacy protection. For more detail see here.

I use two different browsers with two different setups on my android device. For sites where i login, i use Bromite (a chrome fork with built in adblock) and i don't delete cookies or cache. I don't use this browser for reading news websites or other social media platforms that keep cookies to track you for advertising.

I usually use default or third party apps for browsing social websites. I use a fork of lightning browser - Smart Cookie Web from fdroid for reading news websites. It too has built in adblocking and deletes cache and cookies as soon as i leave the app. I've set it as default browser for my android phone.

I hardly use the desktop now but when i use it i use only Chrome with ublock origin to browse only the websites where i login.

What i do in Chrome is this:

1. My email accounts are used in non-incognito mode so i don't have to login everytime. Just click the email folder with the bookmarks and all my inboxes open directly.

2. Everything else is opened in incognito mode. Also adblock, https-everywhere extensions are enabled for incognito mode too.

Am i right that hence the email account cookies cannot be shared with the incognito sessions and vice versa?

I also close and reopen Chrome if i use any other site that needs a login. Like say, if i was to login to Facebook, it would be done in a fresh Chrome session and closed when done. That way random sites can't read Facebook cookies and vice versa again.

I wipe all the junk files my ccleaner desktop app displays once a week. Chrome's caches will be gone and webpages will load slowly again yes. But its better than having trackers and crawlers from various sites accumulating in your system32 file repository. I try to keep as low of a digital footprint as possible. with new and improved methods of swindling people popping up everyday, a wipe a week is something i can live with.

Tracking cookies are not placed in system32. If you want to prevent tracking, use an ad blocker or use Tor.

On the other hand, CCleaner has been compromised several times and is not thought to be safe to use, as far as I know. It's not useful software anyway. It might have been so a decade or two back, but it has limited utility presently.

My firefox profile folder is symbolically linked to my RAMDISK, since saved image of the "firefox profile folder" is the default one, I start with a fresh new firefox everytime I login into my PC devoid of all cookies and cache, all passwords are linked to my firefox account, so I just have to login once and voila, I've access to my history, passwords, add-ons and bookmarks.

I've done this to reduce wear and tear on my SSD plus Firefox runs great on Ramdisk.

Back