is it worth getting xbox series s now?

StingU

Disciple
will be building a gaming pc with 3080 liquid cooled by end of the month. meanwhile purchased a series s in the bbd sale but not shipped yet. should i cancel it?

can i be able to play all game pass games in pc itself? the games i play are RDR2, GTA, sniper elite etc

Hi imo, since it is XBOX, its definitely not worth it.
I am not sure why you want a console since you have a 3080.
No RDR2 is not on game pass.
If at all you want a console go for Playstation to play exclusive games like last of us.
Other games you can get from Epic or Steam sale on PC.

Not all game pass console games will be on PC game pass & the vice versa is also true. Honestly, it would be redundant & you would anyway want to play most games in higher quality on PC so I don't see the point in the console for playing less than 10% of game pass library. On the other hand, if you have kids or someone else at your home who could also play or if you want the convenience of playing in your bed than getting the console makes sense.

FYI, this list should contain all the game pass games available on PC & console & you should be able to filter to find out what you'll be missing out on going pc only (Spoiler: Not much). All Microsoft exclusives will be available on PC for sure.

Not Worth it if you are building pc, 3080 is more than enough. The difference of number of games between console and Pc is negligible

Not all game pass console games will be on PC game pass & the vice versa is also true. Honestly, it would be redundant & you would anyway want to play most games in higher quality on PC so I don't see the point in the console for playing less than 10% of game pass library. On the other hand, if you have kids or someone else at your home who could also play or if you want the convenience of playing in your bed than getting the console makes sense.

FYI, this list should contain all the game pass games available on PC & console & you should be able to filter to find out what you'll be missing out on going pc only (Spoiler: Not much). All Microsoft exclusives will be available on PC for sure.

Damn that list isnt much. Just got the Xbox Series S . lol
Any idea if more games are coming?

Getting Game pass for 5k for 3 yrs worth it? Considering the quality of games? I could find 1 fighting game - Mortal combat and even that is in leaving soon list. lol

@DanteErodov can i play games on my mac pro 16" via cloud? using series s?
If playing on a laptop/tab/ mobile is important to you, xbox should be your last choice

I am an active game streaming user - almost 90% of my gaming is actually streaming :)

the best/ lowest latency / highest quality gamestreaming from local server is via moonlight and nvidia gamestream (PC) ..followed by ps5 ..

xbox (SS and SX ) for some reason default to lower res and heavy compression, even on LAN .. also, while moonlight and ps5 remote (as well as other 3rd party apps) are available on mac, xbox app isn’t .. and there are no 3rd party apps for xbox series s/x.

If playing on a laptop/tab/ mobile is important to you, xbox should be your last choice

I am an active game streaming user - almost 90% of my gaming is actually streaming :)

the best/ lowest latency / highest quality gamestreaming from local server is via moonlight and nvidia gamestream (PC) ..followed by ps5 ..

xbox (SS and SX ) for some reason default to lower res and heavy compression, even on LAN .. also, while moonlight and ps5 remote (as well as other 3rd party apps) are available on mac, xbox app isn’t .. and there are no 3rd party apps for xbox series s/x.
Hi.. I just got my gp ultimate for 3 yrs.. any tips of utilising it in ipad or mobile apart from using it PC. I also don't have console..
I feel if the clod gaming comes, it would be great.
Thanks!!

Any idea if more games are coming?
New games are very frequently added & some older ones are removed.

Getting Game pass for 5k for 3 yrs worth it? Considering the quality of games? I could find 1 fighting game - Mortal combat and even that is in leaving soon list. lol
Depends upon you actually. If you are only into few types of games, it might not be worth it. But if you are planning to play any of the upcoming exclusive & are interested in trying out new games than it is totally worth it. There is a reason it is called the best deal in gaming.

Hi.. I just got my gp ultimate for 3 yrs.. any tips of utilising it in ipad or mobile apart from using it PC. I also don't have console..
I feel if the clod gaming comes, it would be great.
Thanks!!
Yeah, having local servers for xcloud would have been great. As things stand, its a no-go.
Some people try using it via a VPN but the experience is laggy.

The best option would be to use moonlight on ipad.
On LAN, the experience is as good as native. Some folks have asked me why play remote when at home.
Thats because i personally find time to play only late in the evening and its inconvenient to use my study (where the PC is) at that time.

For remote, the latency is usually under 35-40ms .

Disclaimer: This assumes that you have good internet at both home and remote location

Yeah, having local servers for xcloud would have been great. As things stand, its a no-go.
Some people try using it via a VPN but the experience is laggy.

The best option would be to use moonlight on ipad.
On LAN, the experience is as good as native. Some folks have asked me why play remote when at home.
Thats because i personally find time to play only late in the evening and its inconvenient to use my study (where the PC is) at that time.

For remote, the latency is usually under 35-40ms .

Disclaimer: This assumes that you have good internet at both home and remote location
Do u run your pc at all times.. I do have a good speed.. planning to run games in my TV.. but wondering if I have to keep my beast running all the time.

Do u run your pc at all times.. I do have a good speed.. planning to run games in my TV.. but wondering if I have to keep my beast running all the time.
Enable wake-on-lan (wol) in bios and set it to wake only on wol magic packet.

When you open moonlight on client, it will give you an option to wake server with wol

Enable wake-on-lan (wol) in bios and set it to wake only on wol magic packet.

When you open moonlight on client, it will give you an option to wake server with wol
Bro I was able to send wolf and able to switch on the computer.. but how to enter the password ?

Having a full fledged gaming PC itself makes an xbox redundant.

Gaming pc + ps5 + a switch is enough to enjoy games from all the realms!

Back