Is it worth paying 1000Rs extra for dell os install dvd

Aakash

Adept
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a dell laptop from us, they don't give os re-install dvd.We have to pay 20$ extra for that..
I want to know that can't we extract os dvd from the installed os, like in HP.
Or we have to order a new one from dell..

It is of just 150 INR I guess.

and you don't even need that also. Install OS from any dvd [friends, torrents etc] but use the key which has come with your lappie.

You don't need that DVD. If you install the full version of Windows 7 with your Key, all the drivers will be installed by default and it will obviously be a legit installation. Don't waste your money on it. Get Windows 7 from Torrents. It is legal since you have the Key.

You cant use the key like avi says as its a OEM key.

In case you need to reinstall then create a backup key from ABR software. Install from any of your friends DVD and then restore the key from ABR.

Have tried it thrice in my Acer and has worked perfectly so far. Dont spent $20 for the DVD!!!!

For a Successful re-installation you will need both SLP keys and OEM certificate.

All Dell laptops with preloaded OS comes with a recovery partition from which you can create your own recovery DVD. So first thing after you boot is too create a recovery DVD. It is very easy and wizard driven process.

Dell will not provide you any key with the laptop. The keys and certificate are slip-streamed into the recovery DVD you create.

Of course you don't need to download any windows DVD off internet. However it is a good Idea to backup your activation using ABR. Then you can use any windows 7 DVD that you get on internet and restore your activation.

bigbyte said:
For a Successful re-installation you will need both SLP keys and OEM certificate.
All Dell laptops with preloaded OS comes with a recovery partition from which you can create your own recovery DVD. So first thing after you boot is too create a recovery DVD. It is very easy and wizard driven process.
Dell will not provide you any key with the laptop. The keys and certificate are slip-streamed into the recovery DVD you create.

Of course you don't need to download any windows DVD off internet. However it is a good Idea to backup your activation using ABR. Then you can use any windows 7 DVD that you get on internet and restore your activation.
Thanks a lot for the help here....
I think i wont need to buy a recovery dvd then..

Back