Storage Solutions Is my HDD dead?

Hey guys.

My seagate 500gb laptop HDD suddenly stopped working and laptop says no bootable device.
When i put it in an enclosure and connected it to my desktop, It is detected but i dont see and partitions and when I try to initialize it from Disk management, it gives me the following error --"This request could not be performed because of an I/O device error".

I have some important data on this drive. Is there any way to retreive it.

Try test disk, Alternatively if your HDD is still under warranty then you can go for warranty replacement.

^ If data is that important then leave recovery to professionals otherwise try "Partition Table Doctor" to rebuild partition table( It worked for me many times without any data loss)

you can get hiren boot cd v10xx anywhere on the net. It has the best tools for almost anything you need. It will help you build partitions and as well have tools like gdb and stellar to recover any lost data. Give it a shot.

enigma said:
Hi Ashish,

Wonder how it's going? Managed to recover anything?
I tried several softwares.none have worked. I scanned the hdd for bad sectors and it showed that the entire hdd was full of bad sectors. Not a single good one. I wonder how that could have happened.

IF i was you and data was so important i would have given HDD to

Data recovery center .....

And just dump Hdd and get replacement if it's in warranty.

Next time your Fav words will be "BAckup Imp data"

redx said:
IF i was you and data was so important i would have given HDD to
Data recovery center .....

And just dump Hdd and get replacement if it's in warranty.

Next time your Fav words will be "BAckup Imp data"
ya lesson learned. Now I backup my data every other day.I used to take backups before aswell but not as frequently thus lost 2 weeks worth data.

Back