Storage Solutions Is my Kingston SDHC Card Genuine?

Neo-N

Skilled
I just received a Kingston 4GB SDHC Class 4 card with my camera purchased from Letsbuy.com

It is working fine but as Kingston is very popular amongst people making duplicates, I decided to use the online verification tool to get the Card verified for genuineness. :p

Here is what I received as the Kingston Validation Confirmation:

You have entered the following information:

UPC BarCode: 740617125429

Product Information: 125429JPC200P247131X006054

Authentication Code: KJ125-420004-7249

License Key: H926G4D-2331140S

Email Address: XXXXXXXXXX@LIVE.COM

The flash memory product you inquired about is not an authentic Kingston product. We suggest that you double check the information on the product label. (Refer to the Kingston Verification website for details).

I am shocked to see that the tool shows that my card is not genuine. :O I doubt that Letsbuy.com will ship me a fake card. :no:

Here are the details on the Card package:

Manufactured By: Kingston Digital International, Industrial Park, Blanchardston Dublin, 15, Ireland.

Imported & Distributed by: COMPUAGE INFOCOM LTD. Door 9 & 10, DRR Avenue, Kattupakkam, Chennai - 6000056

Product: SD4/4GBIN

Month & Year of Import: 03/2011

According to the Barcode Sticker:

SD4/GBIN (COMPUAGE)

UPC Barcode: 7-40617-12542-9 (The - indicates separation and is not a printed -)

Product Information: 125429JPC200P247131X006054

Authentication Code: KJ12542-00047249

In the UPC Barcode, the digits have slightly rubbed off and the number might be 7-40517-12542-9 but I tried that too and still the tool says that the card is not genuine!!!

Also, the Online verification tool doesn't allow me to enter the Authentication Code as it is printed on the sticker and forces me to separate it as KJ125-420004-7249! :mad:

Now, I want to know if my Card is a genuine Kingston Product or not. In case it is a Genuine Kingston product, what makes the Online verification show it as fake??

as UPC code is missing , its better to visit the mumbai's compauge office for the same , you can contact the Compuage's Kingston product manager , if they are not supporting you, please use Kingston India hotline number & email Id for the same. Please try to verify the product asap as it may help other buyers ....please proceed.

amd999 said:
as UPC code is missing , its better to visit the mumbai's compauge office for the same , you can contact the Compuage's Kingston product manager , if they are not supporting you, please use Kingston India hotline number & email Id for the same. Please try to verify the product asap as it may help other buyers ....please proceed.

^^ The UPC is not missing. It is just slightly rubbed off due to friction/stacking/storage. All letters except the 6/5 are clearly visible though. Also, it can be clearly made out that the rubbed off letter is either 6/5 and no other number! :)

KingstonFE said:
Dear User,

Please try again to verify through this link:

Kingston Technology Company - Flash Verification - Flash Memory Products

and kindly provide the pictures of the product and label.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Kingston Technology

^^ Used the new Link. It is indeed an authentic Kingston Memory Card. :p Wonder why it was not shown as genuine in the other tool... :S

Kingston Validation Confirmation‏:

You have entered the following information:
Serial Number: KJ12542-00047249

Email Address: XXXXXXXXXXXX@LIVE.COM

The flash memory product you inquired about has been verified to be an authentic Kingston product. All Kingston memory modules carry a manufacturer warranty. Thank you for selecting Kingston.

Thanx for the help and assistance...

Back