Is N85 Symbian OS 9.3, S60 rel. 3.2 ?

DarkDefender

Disciple
Want some confirmation, as unable to see that on the nokia website, although GSM Arena states it.

Also is there a draw back if it is not S60 vis-a-vis N71 ?
Is N71 superior interms of OS ?

thanks

DarkDefender said:
Also is there a draw back if it is not S60 vis-a-vis N71 ?
Is N71 superior interms of OS ?
thanks

Typo : E71

For your mail question, yes N85 is Symbian OS 9.3 / S60v3 FP2.

As compared to E71, FP2 is better than FP1 per se. That is one of the only few and main grumblings people have with the E71/66. FP2 deals with Access Points in a completely new way, with a new system. There are rumours that an AT&T version of E71 is going to ship with S60v3 FP2 in USA. Also, the newer E series phones to be announced in WMC next month are going to be FP2.
Although there might be people complaining that there is no difference between FP1 and FP2, it is only because there difference is not visible on the face of it, but there are some pleasant changes in FP2.
BTW, how can you compare N85 and E71? Completely different genre phones!

@Alsiladka,

Thanks for your reply and views on this. Quite intresting, as WMC is not even a month away..leaves me in a fix, it ust may affect the prices of the E series - present lot.

Now comming to the comparision part, Bro, I can compare them 'coz they are on my zeroed on list - Simple :). I can compare Nokia 1100 to E90 for heaven's sake !! But dont worry I understand they cater two segments. My querry was really specific.

Back