Audio Is one year old seal pack Sandisk sansa clip+ 4gb worth getting....

sandynator

Disciple
Hello guys I just came across an ad in quikr for sansa clip+ 4gb sealed box for sale @3k.

The box is lying for almost 1 year as described by the seller. He had got 6-7 pieces to gift his relatives.
I chatted with that guy on whatsapp offered Rs.2000/- for it.
The sellers final quote is 2500 INR. So I want to ask if its worth considering it or not?
If its fine to get it I may offer 2250 INR to him

What all pointer do I have to take into consideration? How do I know if its refurbished or not?
I want to reply back to him by evening so please guide me.

Any drawback of clip+ compared to Clip Zip?

@PristineNote Can you guys help me.

Last edited:
- a refurbished piece may not have its original packaging. it could be packed in a simple brown box. BTW, refurbs are not that bad.

- lying unused for so long could've some impact on the battery and any rubber parts.

+1 to clip zip.

Lat year a friend brought one for me from US and cost me around Rs 2300.

If its new and packed piece, deal seems good.

I am using it with Rockbox firmware and Soundmagic Pl-11.

Is the price ok?

Any other opinion welcome..[DOUBLEPOST=1405066931][/DOUBLEPOST]correction its clip + model

Should I get it?

Last edited:
Have been using Sansa series players for past 7 years.
If its really seal-packed in box, its a steal in India.
I don;t think battery would be affected.
To be safe, you can tell the seller that you will test the unit before him and will finally accept it if it works perfectly.

Clip+ and Clip-Zip are almost same except for the display. I personaly like OLED display in clip+.

Have been using Sansa series players for past 7 years.
If its really seal-packed in box, its a steal in India.
I don;t think battery would be affected.
To be safe, you can tell the seller that you will test the unit before him and will finally accept it if it works perfectly.

Clip+ and Clip-Zip are almost same except for the display. I personaly like OLED display in clip+.

OK, thank you very much.
Just need to confirm that the inner plastic box is totally sealed for clip + also & do we have to cut it open??

I'm just afraid of the Headphone jack issue which is common issue mentioned on different forums.
That guy is stuck up at 2.5k :( not ready to come down.

OK, thank you very much.
Just need to confirm that the inner plastic box is totally sealed for clip + also & do we have to cut it open??

I'm just afraid of the Headphone jack issue which is common issue mentioned on different forums.
That guy is stuck up at 2.5k :( not ready to come down.

I don't remember much but the box if unsealed cannot be sealed back (retail packaging I mean). So if you are worried about this then you can be assured.
What headphone jack issue? I am using sansa clip+ 2GB for last 4+ Years (or may be bit less, don't remember) and there is no issue with its headphone jack.

I don't remember much but the box if unsealed cannot be sealed back (retail packaging I mean). So if you are worried about this then you can be assured.
What headphone jack issue? I am using sansa clip+ 2GB for last 4+ Years (or may be bit less, don't remember) and there is no issue with its headphone jack.

Yes, my sister is using clip+ for more than 3 years. Mine one is also about 3 years old. None faced any issue related to headphone Jack.

I am not sure if the clip+ box is temper proof, but i suppose you can identify between a new and used electronics piece.
Rember that every newly opened electronic item with plastic body has a peculiar smell ?

Also on used you can easily spot tiny scratches all over. This is bound to happen.
But let me tell you, sansa clip+ is one hell of an awesome tiny mp3 player/radio.
I think many people on this forum bought it together from KMD (a guy who used to import stuff from US).

Thanks to all of you
Special thanks to raksrules & nimod. :)

I have given my quote of 2k to him. Lets see if he messages back to me.

PS : I've not seen the actual product & the pics are not clear.
After seeing the product if you have even 1% doubt just let go off the deal. Take your own earphones with you to check. Bundled earphones are not really great (which is common with lot of players).
If you have a battery pack take with you to see whether it is charging fine or not.

Hello guys I just came across an ad in quikr for sansa clip+ 4gb sealed box for sale @3k.

The box is lying for almost 1 year as described by the seller. He had got 6-7 pieces to gift his relatives.
I chatted with that guy on whatsapp offered Rs.2000/- for it.
The sellers final quote is 2500 INR. So I want to ask if its worth considering it or not?
If its fine to get it I may offer 2250 INR to him

What all pointer do I have to take into consideration? How do I know if its refurbished or not?
I want to reply back to him by evening so please guide me.

Any drawback of clip+ compared to Clip Zip?

@PristineNote Can you guys help me.

not at all
don't waste money.

wait for fiio x1 thats gonna release in a few months for rs 6000.

never buy stuff without warranty and without warranty 2500 is really costly
although there is zero difference in sq between clip+ and zip[DOUBLEPOST=1405193552][/DOUBLEPOST]

same here,,,its quite sturdy and awesome actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1405193843][/DOUBLEPOST]or wait for this coming to proaudiohome.

its supposed to be better than clip+ in sound quality,,,100% confirmed
http://www.proaudiohome.com/Media-Players/Nationite-NaNite-N2-4GB-MP3-Player-With-Built-In-Amp-Chip

Last edited:
not at all
don't waste money.

wait for fiio x1 thats gonna release in a few months for rs 6000.

never buy stuff without warranty and without warranty 2500 is really costly
although there is zero difference in sq between clip+ and zip[DOUBLEPOST=1405193552][/DOUBLEPOST]

same here,,,its quite sturdy and awesome actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1405193843][/DOUBLEPOST]or wait for this coming to proaudiohome.

its supposed to be better than clip+ in sound quality,,,100% confirmed
http://www.proaudiohome.com/Media-Players/Nationite-NaNite-N2-4GB-MP3-Player-With-Built-In-Amp-Chip
Thanks a lot brother. Actually I own Nationite N2, got the last piece in Dec 2012. The firmware is buggy so thought of getting clip series as these are appreciated by the audiophiles around the globe.

Do you think thats worth for 2k because that's my last quote to him.

Thanks a lot brother. Actually I own Nationite N2, got the last piece in Dec 2012. The firmware is buggy so thought of getting clip series as these are appreciated by the audiophiles around the globe.

Do you think thats worth for 2k because that's my last quote to him.

yes sound quality wise and ease of use wise its a steal but u won't get warranty.
but yeah it won't be required i think,,,,but i would again suggest u to save up for fiio x1................its gonna be a couple of months only.

but if u want something badly,,,well get it

Don't worry about warranty. I think most people here who own clip+ bought from US websites and never got warranty. So go ahead with the deal if you feel price is right.
I was actually planning to sell mine few months back but I just could not :) I simple like this player too much. It had radio as well which I like.

I'll get that but for 2k only. Otherwise wait for fiio x1 as suggested by @sardar17 .
In fact I was waiting for fiio x1 but just came across this sansa clip+ ad.

After proper reviews I may decide between clip & fiio x1 if seller is not willing to part with it.[DOUBLEPOST=1405231088][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW clip+ or clipzip could be sourced from Grabmore around 3 - 3.2k after applying discount coupons & with Global warranty.

Back