Graphic Cards Is SMC International different from Cost to Cost Shop in Nehru Place(Delhi)?

clerkman1612

Disciple
I have just read the thread started by Raxy on 15 Nov,2010 about "Beware of Cost to Cost Fake Graphics Card".:wtf: I only want to know that is SMC International Shop is different and Cost to Cost Shop is Different?:huh: I know that Cost to Cost is in Nehru Place.

Both are different shops in Nehru Place situated on the same floor just shops apart. I guess both are in 94 Meghdoot Building.

Also check out Computer Empire, again next to them

Cost wise SMC>CC>CE
You can find stuff like cooler master, good IEMs in SMC.
Also CE is almost always jam packed, you need to hang in to get in ;-)

SMC is much much better than c2c..

c2c impresses the customers by their shops size and activity..

but SMC is the one to buy from..

they do actually have knowledge about the hardware..

the c2c guys will try to sell you a 400w MORA powersupply to run your GTX 480..

c2c always try to sell cheap stuff...i once asked them about corsair 650 they said whats the need of so expensive psu went cheap can do the job.. they have no knowledge about hardware...

I've heard and seen photos on 3-4 ocassions (one of them in E IINM) selling duplicate nvidia graphic cards. Now then, still confused about whether to choose c2c or smc?

The Sorcerer said:
I've heard and seen photos on 3-4 ocassions (one of them in E IINM) selling duplicate nvidia graphic cards. Now then, still confused about whether to choose c2c or smc?
There was a thread in TE too by a member who was sold fake 9600GT by C2C. :(

They are different shops. Avoid C2C they are fraudulent,rude, and non customer centric. SMC is good, and know what they are doing.

I have a different experience. SMC has two shops, one in 1st floor and second in the basement of the same building. Most of the same products have different pricing in both shops. For eg, I recently bought a GFX MSI5450, the top floor shop sardarji told its 3700/- (not negotaible after lotza plead), I agreed, he send me basement for billing as I had CC, I happened to ask the counter guy there as well, he dint knew I came from top shop, he told me 3300/-. Then when I opened the story, both down guy and the top sardar started talking to each other shouting at each other. Earlier experience were same with HDD, PSU and One cabinet. AFAIK, C2C will sell what they have (often not the best), they dont bother to arrange for u what u want, they put list in front, dont even tell u the model name and often wont even show u what they r selling to you. The sales guys/girlz there are more interested into selling rather than satisfying the buyers needs.

A friend recently bought a branded pen drive from C2C and a similar one from SMC.

He could not get warranty for the one from C2C. They have been selling fake gpus and psus since a long time (I found out about it in 2007 :p, seems like a long time)
Even if you are lucky to get genuine stuff from C2C, you may or may not get warranty since I have heard they sell stuff from parallel imports (smuggled).

Computer Empire does give great prices if you are willing to brave the crowds and stand in a queue at the service center lest you get a doa hardware or if you need to rma in the future, but SMC fellows help with RMA, especially if you are a regular. I had my old Asus board RMAd four times and eventually got a credit note without having to deal with Rashi. That's the kind of service, I'd gladly pay a premium for.

Besides, since these SMC guy are regional/national distributors for a lot of brands, rest assured, you'll always get genuine stuff with vat and a bill which is not just a piece of paper!

Tip: You'd get better rates buying online from SMC. They are serious about their foray into online sales and have made a sizable investment. You can tell they care about us enthusiasts when they have a sales rep on the forum itself.

uziel said:
I have a different experience. SMC has two shops, one in 1st floor and second in the basement of the same building. Most of the same products have different pricing in both shops. For eg, I recently bought a GFX MSI5450, the top floor shop sardarji told its 3700/- (not negotaible after lotza plead), I agreed, he send me basement for billing as I had CC, I happened to ask the counter guy there as well, he dint knew I came from top shop, he told me 3300/-. Then when I opened the story, both down guy and the top sardar started talking to each other shouting at each other. Earlier experience were same with HDD, PSU and One cabinet. AFAIK, C2C will sell what they have (often not the best), they dont bother to arrange for u what u want, they put list in front, dont even tell u the model name and often wont even show u what they r selling to you. The sales guys/girlz there are more interested into selling rather than satisfying the buyers needs.
That would have been a funny one to see....!

But on a different note, sad to hear this about SMC. Hope this is one of the rare cases, cause I recommend these guys a lot, even on other forums. But the type of behavior you listed is typical of Nehru Place. There is a lot of fake stuff being sold, bills are discouraged, attitude is extremely rude, people are rowdy and cheap.

^Actually, that's very typical :p

The top shop is meant for the clueless people who buy stuff from C2C and the shops in the vicinity.

All of SMC customers have been fleeced atleast once by dear Mr. Gurmeet including your truly.

They are business people so it comes with the territory, nothing wrong with that. Just remember to always go to the shop on the ground floor :)

Back