PC Peripherals Is something wrong with my APC UPS??

windstalker

Disciple
Hey People,

This is my Rig :

AMD Phenom X2 550
Sapphire HD 4850 1 GB
1 HDD, 160 Gigs
3 gigs of RAM
Corsair VS 450 PSU

So i've got JUST the CPU connected to a APC 600 UPS and it doesn't even give me more than a minute of backup.

Initially, i had this connected to an APC 500 VA UPS and i dint get more than minute on it either. So i got it exchanged under warranty. The Replacement too had the same issue. So i bought an APC 600 and plugged in Just the CPU to it. The monitor and my speakers are connected to the 500 VA. But the problem STILL persists. i don't even have enough time to shut off my PC. :bomb:

Please advise guys.

Also the PSU in question is one of the worst released by Corsair in the S.E. Asian market-space.

Haha, yea i know this PSU is pretty bad. Was almost ashamed to post it here. :p But so far it has proven to be adequate.

The UPS is about 3 years old and is always plugged in and constantly charging.

Also, i dont think the PSU is to blame cos i had the same issue with my older PSU, Zebronics Red Power 500W. The Corsair ones been installed for about 3 weeks now.

are you sure the battery of ups is not dying? in 3 years, sealed batteries used in the ups start to give up. try running a ups test cycle on full load. steps on how to do that should be in ups manual.

Hey People,

This is my Rig :

AMD Phenom X2 550
Sapphire HD 4850 1 GB
1 HDD, 160 Gigs
3 gigs of RAM
Corsair VS 450 PSU

You not evening getting a minute when you stressing the accelerator, or is the same happening when you are just surfing or idling. Highly probably that the 600W APC cannot hold up (65% = throughput); when you are stressing with an X2 and HD4850; since during those days, power forte was not a metric. ;)

I have been using my APC 1100 for almost 4 years with my TX650 + HD4890 Xfire, and it still holds its water, when needed...!

Back