Audio Is Soundmagic PL30 good??

halo12

Disciple
I am thinking of buying new pair of earphones for my Apple ipod touch. One of the earphones that i have in mind is Soundmagic PL30. My budget is around 1.5k. Any one out here in this forum who has used PL30 please suggest your inputs regarding this earphone.

Suggestions about earphones other than PL30 are also welcome:)

from my experience it has boosted midrange and reduced amount of bass but it comes with a good sound stage.which type of sound you like. please post that also

The RE2 would cost about 1800 and be better in every department barring perhaps bass. PL50 cost about 2400 bucks and are supposed to be significantly better I guess.

You can perhaps try nuforce 6 or 7.

manu george said:
from my experience it has boosted midrange and reduced amount of bass but it comes with a good sound stage.which type of sound you like. please post that also
I generally prefer earphones with bass. As u said before, PL30 has reduced amount of bass. Is the bass too low??. Its OK for me if bass is somewhat less but i generally don't prefer distorted thumping bass, I want clear and distinct bass!!!

I did like the bass but sometimes I felt it was lacking. So it depends on the song.

I would suggest the Pl-21 instead as it has better bass but smaller soundstage compared to the PL-30.

yes the sound stage is lower than pl 30 but not bad, but I like the sound of pl21 than pl30, @halo12 you like bass with good punch at a short price then pl21 is excellent.I have pl30,pl21 and pl 11 and I like pl 21 from these three

Back